Repairs & Maintenance
All requests for repairs are to be lodged in writing which can be done via email (please include pictures) or by filling out a Maintenance Request Form (attached at the end of this page) and emailing or bringing it into the office (or fax or post). If you would like to chat to us directly about your maintenance request or if you feel your request in urgent, please call the office directly.
All Maintenance Request forms (link below) can be returned to 49 Gawler Street Mount Barker or 213a Onkaparinga Valley Road, Oakbank. Alternativley you can fax to 08 8391 3788 (Mount Barker) or 08 8388 4373 preferably via email with photos but must be in writing. Please do not hesitate to talk to us in the office on 08 8391 3688 or 08 8388 4002 if you have any questions.
When requests are approved by our landlords, we will send a work order to one of our trusted contractors and they will contact you directly to make a suitable time and receive any additional information required. Please ensure you answer or return their call to arrange a suitable time or the repair will not be able to proceed. If you arrange a time with our contractors and then not be home, you will be responsible for the tradesperson’s callout charge.
Emergency repairs should be reported to the office by telephone as soon as possible. Emergency items are generally those that could cause injury or damage to the property, and may include:
- Water pipes have broken or burst.
- Blocked or broken toilet (if a second toilet is not available).
- Serious roof leak or gas leak.
- Dangerous electrical fault, dangerous power point, loose live wire etc;
- Flooding, rainwater inundation inside the property, or serious flood damage.
- Serious storm, fire or impact damage (i.e. impact by a motor vehicle).
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises.
- Failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises for water or cooking.
- Hot water service failure on a weekend, or long weekend (this would not be considered an after hours emergency if this occurs on a week night).
- Fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure.
- Fault likely to injure a person, cause damage or extreme inconvenience.
If your emergency repair is after hours please contact us on the office numbers below:
Mount Barker Oakbank
P: 8391 3688 P: 8388 4002
M: 0448 860 388 (Denise) M: 0437 813 916 (Leanne)
M: 0438 651 932 (Eddie)
In the event that you cannot contact a staff member the following tradespersons are authorised to make a decision on our behalf in relation to emergencies:
Paul King - Plumber: 0407 777 257
Darryn Briers - Electrican: 0478 589 894
Garth Saunders - Handyman: 0439 046 269
If your landlord has a prefered contractor this will be outlined in your Tenancy Agreement and we ask that you consult this form.