Tenant request for Rent Reduction COVID-19
Tenant request for Rent Reduction during COVID-19
We wish to express our sympathies that you have lost your job. We understand that this is a difficult time for you.
This is currently a fast changing situation and we are endeavouring to keep on top of any new updates as they arise. We have been told that there will be an announcement by our Prime Minister in due course regarding support for tenants and landlords who are experiencing financial hardship. We anticipate this announcement will provide some much needed guidance and framework around how to get both our Tenants & Landlords through this difficult time of job loss across the board.
Before we are able to discuss your request with the owner, we will require some evidence to support your claim of lost income, such as Employment Termination Notice or Employment Separation Certificate. The Landlord may also need this to full fill any Landlord Insurance requirements (should your owner have a policy) to enable him/her to make a claim.
In the meantime, whilst we are not in a position to advise of a strategy moving forward, we encourage you to consider the following:
- Have you had a discussion with your Employer as to whether your job is likely to be re- instated once the health crisis subsides?
- Do you know that you can contact the Department of Workplace Relations for guidance around employment during this time? More information can be found here – Workplace Laws
- Are you covered via an insurance policy for Income Protection Insurance?
- Have you engaged with Centrelink with respect to an allowance which will likely also include rental assistance? More information can be found here - Centrelink
- Have you checked with your Superannuation Fund as to whether you can access your super early? More information can be found here - Super
- If you have any mortgages or personal loans, have you checked with your financier as to whether you can pause payments due to hardship?
We would appreciate your confirmation in writing to your property manager as to whether you have explored the above options. Once we have received the evidence requested in writing, we will approach the owner and respond as soon as possible.