Applying for a rental
What details do I need to complete the tenancy application form?
After viewing the property. We recommend that you gather the following information prior to meeting with us in order to facilitate the process quickly. We want to help smooth the way for you as much as possible.
Please remember that each person over eighteen years who will reside in the property completes a Tenancy Application form, even if the resident will not be on the lease.
You are required to meet a 100 point identification criteria upon submission of your application. These will be photocopied by Raine & Horne and the details kept on file. We cannot process your application until you meet this requirement.
- 10 points: Medicare card, motor vehicle registration papers
- 30 points: Bank statements, recent utility accounts (telephone, electricity, gas)
- 40 points: Driver’s License, Passport, 18+ card, Birth Certificate
You are also required to supply proof of your income:
- Employed: Last two payslips
- Self-employed: Bank statements, Group Certificates or an accountant’s letter.
- Unemployed: Centrelink statement.
- If currently renting a property, the last four rent receipts are required for photocopying.
What happens next?
The application cannot be processed until it is complete with copies of the relevant supporting documents attached. Our Property Management team will contact you within 24 – 48 business hours. If the application is approved, the General Tenancy Agreement will need to be signed by all the stakeholders and a holding deposit of one week’s rent will need to be paid in cash to the office within 24 hours of acceptance.
Contact us now by email ([email protected]) or calling us on (08) 9351 8871 with any rental enquiries.
Always remember, at Raine & Horne, we’ll look after you.
Helpful Hints when applying for a Rental
At the rental viewing:
- Be on time
- Be genuine
- Communicate clearly
- Write name and contact details on attendance sheet.
Your Application Form:
- Fill it out completely – provide requested documents (use supplied check sheet)
- Provide written detail to explain anything that may be unclear
- Provide the application in a timely fashion.