Info for Landlords
Firstly, thank-you for taking the time out of your day to explore the possibility of Raine and Horne managing your investment. Raine & Horne Cannington NRAS is a full service real estate agency with a reputation for expertise and a commitment to excellence. We are also proud to be part of the Raine & Horne network, which boasts hundreds of offices across Australia and the globe. We pride ourselves on creating and maintaining a high level of service and professionalism, while we can generate interest in your property from an extensive list of resources. These include specialized marketing and support services, high profile advertising positions, and a broad base of office locations from which to attract prospective tenants.
As part of the Raine & Horne network we are also able to secure tenants that have already experienced the professional service that we provide. By engaging Raine & Horne Cannington NRAS, you are partnering with an experienced team who can help you achieve your investment dreams.
Raine and Horne Cannington NRAS would be delighted to have the opportunity to manage your property. Like any investment, Real Estate performs best when professionally managed.
What should I look for in a property manager?
When entering the property investment market, one of the most crucial decisions you will make will be centered on your property management selection. You need your most important asset to be correctly managed, ensuring all legislative requirements are adhered to and all liability issues addressed, to in turn minimize your risk. You need to ask yourself is this the right person for the job? Are they efficient? Do they screen their tenants thoroughly? Will they guide me along the way to ensure my rights, responsibilities and obligations as a home owner are undertaken? Will they achieve the maximum, return on your investment? Will they ensure all communication channels are left open? These are the questions you need to be asking. Here at Raine and Horne Cannington NRAS, we are extremely thorough, organized and constantly professionally developing through ongoing training. We are at the forefront of property management services and pride ourselves on offering open communication, organized processes, engaging services and are extremely proud of the premium product that we have developed. We work closely together as a tight-knit team and therefore our results speak volumes.
What do I get for my fee? Our commitment to you!
After you have joined the Raine and Horne Family, you can trust that your home will be managed to the highest standard. We pride ourselves on providing a stress-free, professional experience, we also feel it is important that you understand exactly what your fees will provide.
Your property manager will be the guardian of your home and will provide a range of ‘personalized’ services that all include:
- Conducting open homes.
- Marketing your property to our extensive database.
- Professionally screening and selecting tenants, inclusive of a TICA search and eight references, inclusive of rental, employment and next of kin.
- Arranging and executing of lease documents, meeting with new tenants to ensure they understand their responsibilities.
- Completing an entry condition report to document the exact condition of the property, with photos to support the condition. We also ensure the home is “rental ready”.
- Organizing of compliances, such as smoke alarm testing, safety switch testing and blind compliancy.
- Conducting four routine inspections per year which you are welcome to attend.
- Disbursing funds either at the mid & end of the month or at the end of the month.
- Completing lease renewal documentation.
- Conducting exit inspections.
How will you find a suitable tenant for my home?
Upon purchasing an investment property or making the choice to rent your home, one of the most important processes is to get your marketing right. Provided a home is priced correctly, well presented and marketed correctly, it generally always have a short vacancy period.
Your property may be advertised in all or some of the following:
- Advertising on 13 internet sites, along with a premier listing on Realestate.com, guaranteeing that your listing appears in the first few pages
- Open houses, which are advertised online for our tenants ease
- Office window displays
- “Just Listed” marketing in the area
- Access to our prospective tenant database, as new listings are uploaded, information is sent to our entire database
What are my responsibilities as a home owner?
Property investment is fast becoming one of the most popular ways in Australia to invest your money to acquire wealth. However with an investment in property, there are responsibilities that come along with it. As a homeowner, you must ensure
- The property is in a reasonable state of cleanliness and repair having regard for the age, character and general depreciation
- To comply with all requirements in respect of health, building and safety laws in so far as they apply to the premises.
- Should you wish to attend to maintenance items yourself, they must be completed to a professional standard
- The owner is responsible for ensuring that the property is kept in good condition. Inclusive of keeping all appliances and fittings maintained.