Vacate Premises Cleaning Guide
This checklist may assist to maximise your Bond refund.
To assist when cleaning it may be helpful to refer to a general definition of ‘clean’.
‘Clean’ is any area or item that cannot be enhanced with a cleaning product.
- Vacuum and clean all sliding doors and window tracks.
- Sweep and/or mop all non-carpeted floors, removing any marks.
- Carpets are to be left in the same condition as marked on the original Residential Condition Report allowing for fair wear and tear. If required, carpets are to be cleaned.
- Carpets to be professionally cleaned and fumigate for fleas – by registered Pest Company, if pets were kept at Property. Supply paid invoice copy which specifies service details.
- Clean light fittings – gently remove light fittings and clean.
- Clean marks off walls, ceilings and light switches.
- Clean skirting boards, windows including frames, sills and tracks, above cupboards, picture rails, architraves and both sides of all doors, all other fittings, and insect/security screens etc.
- Clean curtains and blinds. Refer to Agent for method advice.
- Clean in wardrobes, shelves, drawers and mirrored doors. Remove scuff marks.
- Remove all cobwebs and insect marks and nests.
- Clean inside and outside of all cupboards and doors.
- Clean inside, outside and around stove.
- Clean inside and outside of oven, griller, doors, trays, racks, glass.
- Clean inside, outside and behind refrigerator and dishwasher and microwave space.
- Clean sink, especially drain holes, drainers and tap ware.
- Range hood exhaust and filter- filter can be removed and cleaned.
- Clean all walls, floors, mirrors and windows and window tracks.
- Clean inside and outside all cupboards and drawers.
- Clean toilet, bath, shower recess, remove built up soap residue on tiles and shower screens, clean sink and all tapware, towel rails.
- Clean water outlet in shower and bath of hair and soap build up.
- Shower curtain washed with bleach or replace if applicable.
- Clean behind, inside and around washing machine space. Clean equipment and filters if applicable.
- Clean inside, outside and behind dryer. Remove lint.
- Clean inside, outside and around laundry tub, cabinets, shelves, drawers, tap ware.
- Clean all air conditioner units and filters.
VERANDAH, DECKS, OUTDOOR AREAS
- Sweep and mop, clean railings, glass and light fittings.
- Remove all cobwebs etc.
GARAGE, CARPORT, DRIVEWAY
- Sweep out and remove any oil residue from concrete, pavers, paths, driveways.
- Empty Council bins and place bins out on footpath for next collection
- Close and lock garage door, if applicable.
GARDENS AND LAWNS, POOL
- Mow lawn, trim all edges, weed gardens, general garden tidy, remove all rubbish.
- Return pool to condition as per condition report at start of the Tenancy and supply Pool Test report to Agent – Report to be completed on the end of Tenancy date.
- Ensure all items are clean and are located in original rooms as per Inventory list.