By placing your property in the hands of Raine & Horne Property Management, you receive a total management service which will protect your investment, secure your return and free you from inspections and maintenance checks.
Tenant selection, rental collection, property inspections – we can take care of all of these aspects. All our Property Management staff are well versed in the legalities of property management so that in the unfortunate event that a tenant should breach their contractual obligations, they will prepare the necessary paperwork and applications to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal.
We recognise the importance of monitoring and managing your rental property to enhance its ongoing appreciation while maximising your short term returns. We have structured and well defined systems to provide consistency in service and deal with any problems quickly and efficiently.
By placing your property in the hands of Raine & Horne accredited Property Managers, you receive a total management service which will protect your investment and enhance its ongoing appreciation.
What we want – is what you want:
- A minimum vacancy period.
- A reliable tenant.
- A smooth tenancy.
- A well maintained property.
Standard home and contents insurance will not protect against many of the risks that landlord’s face, whether it’s loss of rent due to an absconding tenant, malicious or accidental damage, or a whole range of other circumstances including tenant hardship.
Raine & Horne recommends Landlord Insurance to any Landlord, the company Raine & Horne recommend for landlord insurance is :
Property Insurance Plus > www.pi-plus.com.au
- A choice of rental payment methods are offered to the tenants to ensure that paying rent on time is easy for them.
- Our system picks up any late payments and the tenant is immediately contacted to ask for payment.
- Formal notice is served on the tenant for arrears. You, as landlord can ask to be consulted on this step as there are a variety of options – including payment plans, eviction etc – that are available.
- Rental statements are issued either weekly or monthly (your choice). Funds can be sent to you either by cheque or deposited directly into your account.
- Routine inspections on your property are conducted in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act. At this time we report on the general condition of the home, any maintenance that may need to be carried out, how well the property is being maintained and any other information we consider relevant to a trouble free investment.
- Energy Safe Victoria and the Plumbing Industry Commission recommend that all gas water heaters, space heaters and central heaters be serviced at least every two years by a registered or licensed gasfitter.
- It is a legal requirement for owners of residential dwellings to install smoke alarms. Prior to purchasing a smoke alarm, advice should be sought on regulations for installation and maintenance, alternative devices for the hearing impaired and the benefits of installing residential and domestic sprinkler systems. – See more at: http://www.safety.vic.gov.au
- Rent reviews are conducted in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act. The rent is not able to be increased during a fixed term tenancy, unless otherwise stated in the lease.
- Lease renewals are followed up in an effort to secure ongoing tenancies and avoid any vacant periods in your property.
- Landlords are informed when tenants have given notice to vacate. The rent is reviewed and the property is marketed to minimise the vacancy period.
- Rents are reviewed using current market trends, information on similar rental properties in the area, vacancy rates etc. All reviews are done in consultation with the landlord.
- An end of tenancy inspection is organised to deal with any issues regarding the condition of your property before the bond is returned.
Prompt attention to legitimate repairs and maintenance can be the difference between disgruntled and happy tenants. It is also a vital part of maintaining the value of your property and achieving the best rental return.
- We have a team of reliable, competent tradespeople who are adept at liaising with tenants and landlords (if required).
- We recommend that you give us the authority to spend up to a pre-determined amount on repairs without reference to you to allow us to attend to urgent repairs immediately.
- The Residential Tenancies Act provides for tenants to spend up to $1800 on certain urgent repairs without prior approval from either the owner or agent.
- We keep abreast of all changes to government legislation as well as receiving updates from industry bodies including VCAT, Office of Fair Trading and the Business Licensing. We can advise you on the effects any changes in legislation will have on your investment property.
- We are thoroughly conversant with all aspects of the Residential Tenancies Act and the workings of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and are qualified to serve notice and represent you at VCAT.
- Tribunal hearings are similar to a court of law, they base their decision on the accuracy and reliability of documentary records supplied by the applicant and the ability to prove their claim in a professional manner. Many landlords have suffered loss in the past through their agent’s inability to prove their claim.
If you are seeking a company to manage your property then look no further, please contact the office on (03)9306 3999 for a FREE Rental Appraisal.