- Urgent repairs are repairs deemed urgent that may cause further damage or injury to a person or property.
- A full list of what is deemed as urgent repair is listed below.
- A faulty water service,
- An appliance, fitting or fixture that uses water or is used to supply water, that is broken or not functioning properly, so that a substantial amount of water is wasted,
- A blocked or broken lavatory system,
- A serious roof leak,
- A gas leak,
- A dangerous electrical fault,
- Flooding or serious flood damage,
- Serious storm or fire damage,
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises,
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service on the residential premises for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering,
- Any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or insecure.
- The standard repair process applies where possible. Verbal requests will be taken for urgent repairs only.
- For repairs during business hours tenants are asked to contact our office. For urgent repairs outside of business hours tenants can contact tradespeople direct.
- Tenants are asked to first contact our preferred tradespeople to conduct any urgent repair.
- Should our tradesperson be unable to conduct the repair, tenants are permitted to contact any other tradesperson that is qualified to facilitate the repair. Not exceeding a cost of $1,000.00)
- Invoices must be provided for all works to facilitate reimbursement.
- Invoices must list our agency name, details of the property and work undertaken.
- Should a tenant organise a repair and it is found not to be urgent, they will be responsible for payment of any associated invoice and call-out costs.
- All urgent repairs are attended to as a matter of priority.
Emergency After Hours Repairs
- Electrical Repairs: D&D Electrical 0418 643 072
- Plumbing Repairs: Murray McLerie Plumbing Services – Murray 0411 071 571
- Glass Repairs: Len’s Glass Maintenance and Carpentry – Lenny 0405 344 399
- Locksmith: Chapman Locksmith – Mark 0412 033 858
- All repair requests must be submitted to our office in writing (expect in the instance of an emergency repair), either handwritten or by email.
- Our office will facilitate all repairs requests and will contact relevant tradespeople to prepare quotes or conduct repairs as the situation dictates.
- Tenants have the option of being home to provide access for the tradesperson or alternatively have them collect keys from our office.
- Tenants will always be notified when to expect works to take place.
- Repairs deemed to result from neglect or misuse will be the responsibility of the tenant to pay for any repair or replacement.
- All repairs will be dealt with in a timely manner.