If you have an emergency repair and our office is closed please contact one of our emergency tradespeople as listed below:
Plumbsmart: 0434 388 332 (Cameron)
Hot Water Sydney: 9438 5266
Alert Locksmith: 9418 9277 / 0418 292 259 (Nathan)
0418 292 278 (Vince)
One Point Electrical: 0411 100 021 (James)
Express Glass: 1300 666 234 / 9569 9444
The law distinguishes between urgent (emergency) repairs and those which are not so urgent.
Urgent repairs are:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken toilet
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- a failure or breakdown of the hot water service
- a failure or breakdown of the stove or oven
- a failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner
- a fault or damage which makes the premises unsafe or insecure.
If urgent repairs are needed you should notify our office right away. If our office is closed, contact one of our emergency tradespeople as list on this web page. By contacting one of our emergency tradespeople, you will not be required to make an out of pocket payment, however you must be able to show that:
- The problem was not your fault
- You made a ‘reasonable’ attempt to contact the landlord/agent
- You gave the landlord/agent a ‘reasonable’ chance to do the repairs
- The repairs were carried out by a repair person named in your tenancy agreement (if possible) or by a licensed or qualified tradesperson.
You must give the landlord/agent written notice about the repairs, costs and copies of receipts.
For more information regarding repairs, refer to your tenancy agreement or visit the NSW Office of Fair Trading website.