Ending your tenancy
Ending a Fixed Term Tenancy Agreement
If you are leaving at the end of your current fixed-term lease, we require at least 14 days notice in writing via email or post. Please note that this amount of notice will commence when we have received your notice, not when it was posted.
Once we receive your notice of intention to vacate, your property manager will contact you to confirm and explain the process moving forward. You will be advised in writing of any rent owing up until your vacate date and any other outstanding invoices associated with your tenancy. Your Property Manager will also discuss suitable times to access to the property in order for us to secure a new tenant.
Ending a Non-Fixed Agreement (Periodic)
If you are leaving at the end of your current Non-fixed-term tenancy agreement, we require at least 14 days notice in writing via email or post. Please note that this amount of notice will commence when we have received your notice, not when it was posted.
The Final Inspection
Only once the property has been fully vacated, cleaned and grounds made ready with keys returned can we commence our final inspection. It is important to note that if a final inspection time has been made and you are aware that you will not be fully ready for the inspection, please call us as soon as possible to rearrange another time.
You must return ALL of the keys (plus any copies you made during the tenancy) to the office by close of business on the vacate date.
Getting Your Bond Back
At the end of your tenancy, you will no doubt want your bond refunded quickly after you vacate. For your full bond to be paid quickly, you will need to ensure the following:
- Ensure that your rent is paid up to date and inclusive of your vacating date including any outstanding water invoices (if applicable to your tenancy). A final read will also be taken at the vacate inspection and will be required to be paid.
- Clean the premises or have it cleaned by a professional cleaner (at your expense) as per the cleaning list provided by your property manager.
- Make sure all keys, the exit condition report(completed) and the bond refund form provided by your property manager are returned to the office on the vacate date and no later.
- Make sure to provide your property manager with the receipts for the bond clean, carpet cleaning and flea control (if applicable).
- Keys - ensure that all keys, remote controls etc have been returned.
The cleaning checklist will be provided to you by your property manager upon notification of vacating the tenancy.