Tips on making your move smoother
Regardless on how much notice you are required to give, please ensure the following tasks are completed by your vacate date:
- Your rent is paid to your vacating date, feel free to give us a call if you're not sure of the amount due
- Our office has your new forwarding address, a contact phone number & current email address
- All keys, remotes or security fobs/swipes are returned to the office of Raine & Horne Kurralta Park don't forget letter box keys
- Remember to arrange disconnection of all your utilities
- Place a re-direction on all mail to your new address
By attending to these simple matters, prior to our inspection, you will save considerable time and prevent unnecessary delays in returning your bond.
When you move out of your property and subject to the initial condition report of the property you should ensure that;
- The property is clean and tidy throughout
- If the carpets were steam/dry cleaned by a professional carpet cleaner before you moved in then you must ensure they are returned in a similar manner.
- All cupboards, drawers, shelves, and benches are to be cleaned
- Walls and doors to be cleaned of all marks (especially around light switches)
- Stove, griller, oven and the exhaust fans and filters are to be cleaned
- Windows and sills are to be cleaned inside and outside
- Clean any Venetian blinds and curtains
- All rubbish is to be removed from the premises
- The garage must be cleaned out, free of cobwebs and grease marks
- Bathrooms are to be thoroughly cleaned
- Lawns and edges trimmed and gardens weeded
A more detailed list of items requiring attention will be sent to you along with your acknowledgment of your intention to vacate.