Raine & Horne Landsdale
  • Home
  • Moving into your property

Moving into your property

Congratulations on your approved application for your new rental home. Raine & Horne Landsdale are excited to have you as a tenant.

We know that moving can be a busy stressful and busy time for most so we will endeavour to make the process as smooth as possible for you.

Here’s what you can expect;

Paying your Holding Fee and Signing the Lease

  1. Rent/Bond – Once your application is approved you will be advised the amount due for both rent and bond. A total of six (6) weeks rent is due which consists of two weeks rent in advance and four (4) weeks rent for the bond.
  2. Once the Rent/Bond is received into our Trust Account you will be provided with a trust account receipt and the Bond will be lodged with the Bond Administrator within 14 days. The bond administrator will email you details about your Bond held by them. Please note that the keys will not be provided for the property until the bond and rent are paid in full.
  3. Tenancy Agreement – All tenants listed on the Tenancy Agreement are required to sign the paperwork. This includes the Tenancy Agreement, Bond Lodgement etc. You are required to read these documents carefully and you are welcome to ask any questions.

Upon signing the lease with Raine & Horne Landsdale, you will receive the following:

  • A fully signed copy of the Lease Agreement
  • 2 copies of the condition report
  • Keys to the property (note: this will only occur if the above takes place on your lease start date)
  • A copy of the By-laws if you are moving into a strata unit complex
  • Pet Annexure (if you have a pet) with their details, breed age and council registration number.

Utility Connections

It is the tenants responsibility to ensure your power, gas, phone, internet, etc have been connected into your name prior to moving into the new rental  property.

Removalist and Parking

Should you be moving into a strata unit complex, there may be some arrangements to be made with the building manager prior to moving in. Should this be the case, your Raine & Horne Landsdale Property Manager will advise you. You are also welcome to contact the Strata Agent directly to seek further information.


Should you wish to copy keys it is important to note that upon vacating, all keys, including any copies made by the tenant, must be returned to the Raine & Horne Landsdale Property Manager or property owner at the end of the tenancy. 

Locks can only be changed:

  • if the tenant and property manager/owner agree
  • in an emergency, or
  • by court order.

Any lost or damaged keys, remotes and security fobs, must be replaced at the tenant's expense.

Payment and Lodgement of Your Bond

A bond is a separate payment to rent, it is money that acts as security for the landlord or owner in case you don't meet the terms of your lease agreement. At the end of your agreement if the property is in need of cleaning or repairs or if items need to be replaced the landlord or owner may claim some or all of the bond.

Your bond will be lodged with the Bond Administrator, and you can expect confirmation from them indicating your lodgement number.

Property Condition Report

The lessor or property manager is responsible for preparing the property condition report at the commencement and conclusion of your tenancy. At the commencement of your tenancy you will receive two copies of the report. It is important that you go through this document thoroughly noting if you agree or disagree with the comments made by the Property Manager. If you disagree you should enter a comment stating why. You must sign and initial the report ensuring it is received back in our office within seven (7) days of receiving it.

Please ensure the safekeeping of your copy, as it serves as crucial evidence in the event of a dispute at the end of your tenancy. Failure to return a marked copy will be construed as your acceptance of the report as an accurate representation of the property's condition.

Tenant Contents Insurance

It is crucial that you affect your own tenant contents insurance.

It is important to note that should your goods be damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owner's property they are not insured by the owner. (i.e., fire, storm damage, power outages etc) Example One: An electrical fault in the building starts a fire and the property is destroyed. Your possessions will not be covered by the owner's insurance. Example Two: You are away on holiday and the power cuts out due to an electrical fault in the building. Your return home to find your fridge/freezer goods spoilt. The owner's insurance will not cover your fridge/freezer goods.

In all cases above, quality tenant contents insurance should cover your goods for these given examples. Please check with your insurer however for the cover they can provide you.