This spacious and elegant Californian bungalow has only had 4 owners in its almost 100 year history, making this double brick home extremely loved and unique. Beautifully renovated throughout, it functions as a contemporary home, yet features the unique hallmarks of its history.
Located on a central corner position in Lurline Street, along Katoomba’s tourist “Golden Mile”, Silvermist is close to Echo Point, the Three Sisters and Katoomba Town Centre. It is a popular Airbnb holiday rental that generates a lucrative income for the current owners.
A period home of great character offering generous living areas, large bedrooms and a light and bright atmosphere throughout. Enjoying a north facing summer position with warm winter sunlight in the cooler months.
Greeted by a wide inviting verandah, you enter an original timber panelled entrance hallway leading to the many rooms of Silvermist.
- Ample living spaces include a large living room with a slow combustion fire and french
doors leading to the relaxing front verandah.
- Separate dining room with a feature gas fireplace, lead light doors and windows looking
out to the covered rear verandah
- Two tastefully renovated bathrooms with modern conveniences including underfloor heating
in both, the main with a spa bath and raindrop shower head
- Modern Caesar Stone galley kitchen wrapped in large picture windows, fully equiped with
stainless steel gas ILVE oven and Miele dishwasher
- Master bedroom with a gorgeous lead light window set above a tranquil window seat
- Second bedroom has a dressing area/sunroom with ample natural light streaming through
- Third bedroom makes a perfect study or guest accommodation
- Functional laundry leading directly to the low maintenance back garden
- Covered entertaining area surrounded by a cottage garden and fenced flat yard
- Side street access leading to a private driveway and a single garage, timber shed plus a
second separate single garage that would make an ideal Studio
- High ornate decorative ceilings and ducted gas central heating throughout
Silvermist is a warm and inviting home that takes you back to a wonderful era in Australian architecture
Need help with your finance?
|R&H Suburb Summary||Houses|
|Number of sales||164|
|Median Rental Price||$420 p.w.|
|Change in Rental Rate (5yr)||11 %|
|R&H Suburb Summary||Units|
|Number of sales||17|
|Median Rental Price||$340 p.w.|
|Change in Rental Rate (5yr)||8 %|