Falls House – a stunning mountain escape offering superb location and lifestyle. A home of great presence and history, the property is positioned on the edge of the World Heritage Blue Mountains National Park. This private estate is set amid approx. 5560sq ms of breathtaking grounds, located in the idyllic mountain village of Wentworth Falls.
Built on the original site of the historic Tolls Hotel, Falls House has been purpose built around some of the stunning buildings from its previous life as an iconic Blue Mountains Hotel. Tolls Hotel was built in the 1850s and operated as a successful hotel until 1930 allowing for the development of Falls House.
Enjoying one of the Blue Mountains most picturesque locations, this idyllic retreat is positioned just a few hundred metres to some of the most popular bushwalks and breathtaking lookouts in the National Park.
Falls House is the epitome of a Mountains Estate offering numerous buildings and timeless grounds. The accommodation includes the “Main Residence”, “The Stables”, “The Artist Studio” and "The Bungalow’.
The Main Residence:
• Multiple living spaces downstairs including a formal lounge room with an open
fireplace, a casual meal area and sun room off the kitchen, and a large family room
with a remarkable glass wall overlooking the indoor pool area
• Stunning contemporary kitchen with llve gas appliances is the hub of this home
• Indoor heated pool with spa and steam room opening onto a private courtyard
• The original wine cellar for the Tolls Hotel has been tastefully transformed into a
unique dining room surrounded by dry stone walls and steeped in history
• Sweeping staircase leading to the upstairs bedrooms
• Spacious main bedroom with a large dressing room and a palatial Travertine ensuite
• Three bedrooms with charming dormer windows creating an enchanting atmosphere
• Two lovingly restored bathrooms maintaining many original features
• Sunroom and study complete this remarkable family home
• Former stables have been transformed into a charming two bedroom guest house with a
renovated bathroom and kitchen area
• Private courtyard overlooking the peaceful gardens
• Wood burning slow combustion fire to create the perfect mountain atmosphere
The Artist Studio:
• Originally built as an artist studio for acclaimed Australian painter John Olsen
• Converted to guest accommodation offering one large master suite upstairs with
ensuite and reading area
• A Juliet balcony off the bedroom allows you to take in the beauty of the stone walls
and arches of the secret garden below
• Downstairs the inviting living area encompasses a gracefully combined
kitchen/living/ dining area with French doors embracing the stunning vistas of the
• One bedroom and bathroom studio set hidden in the garden
• Originally the change room for the Tolls Hotel, currently being used as a wine
cellar but can be easily converted back to accommodation
The magnificent gardens are a perfect setting for many grand occasions, the properties meandering grounds are an impressive highlight, ever-changing with the seasons. Dotted with numerous water features, the garden presents a number of secluded terraces, pergolas and entertaining areas all shaded by a canopy of towering trees, some more than a 100 years old. An original grass tennis court makes the ideal entertaining area.
For the gardener the plantings are unique with a mixture of rhododendrons, box hedges, Manchurian pears, chestnuts, copper beech and standard mulberry trees.
Falls House is an impeccable residence of charm and timeless elegance.
|R&H Suburb Summary||Houses|
|Number of sales||174|
|Median Rental Price||$550 p.w.|
|Change in Rental Rate (5yr)||28 %|
|R&H Suburb Summary||Units|
|Number of sales||7|
|Median Rental Price||$420 p.w.|