• Home
  • Moving into your property

Moving into your property

Congratulations on your approved application for your new rental home. Raine&Horne Mona Vale, are excited to have you as a tenant.

We know that moving into a new rental property can be a stressful and busy time for most, so we will endeavour to make the process as smooth as possible for you.

Here’s what you can expect;
Paying your Holding Deposit and Signing the Lease
a. Deposit/Rent payment – You are required to pay one weeks rent to secure the property for which you will receive a receipt. This payment should be made as soon as possible. Your Raine&Horne Mona Vale Property Manager will advise you of your payment method options.
b. Rent/Bond – Once your deposit is paid you will be advised the amount due for both rent and bond upon signing your lease. An appointment will also be scheduled for all parties to sign the lease and complete all paperwork.
c. The bond board will send you an email separately to set up your bonds online account & to pay your bond directly to them. Please note that the keys will not be provided for the property until the bond rent are paid in full. 
d. Lease Agreement – All tenants listed on the Lease Agreement must come into the office to sign the required paperwork. This includes the Lease Agreement, Bond Lodgement Form etc. You are required to read these documents carefully and you are welcome to ask any questions.

Upon signing the lease with Raine&Horne Mona Vale, you will receive the following:
• A fully signed copy of the Lease Agreement
• 2 copies of the condition report or 1 electronic copy
• Tenant Information Statement
• Keys to the property (note: this will only occur if the above takes place on your lease start date)
• A copy of the By-laws if you are moving into a strata unit complex

Utility Connections
It is the tenants responsibility to ensure the power, gas, phone, internet, etc have been connected into their name prior to moving into the new rental property.

Raine&Horne Mona Vale partner with Direct Connect who offer a free, no-obligation service to connect all your utilities from the moment you move into your new home – there is no charge to the tenant for this. Direct Connect's service offers a wide range of market leading electricity and gas suppliers to suit your needs and they guarantee your utilities will be connected on the day you move in. They can also connect your broadband, phone and pay TV with Foxtel. 
For more information please visit www.directconnect.com.au

Removalist and Parking
Should you be moving into a strata unit complex, there may be some arrangements to be made with the building manager prior to moving in. Should this be the case, your Raine&Horne Mona Vale Property Manager will advise you. You are also welcome to contact the Strata Agent directly to seek further information.

Should you wish to copy keys it is important to note that upon vacating, we require all keys given to you at the tenancy commencement and any extra copies created during your tenancy period to be returned. If you change the locks during tenancy, you are obligated to notify your Raine&Horne Mona Vale Property Manager and provide the office with a copy of the new keys. Any lost or damaged keys, remotes and security fobs, must be replaced at the tenants expense.

Payment and Lodgement of Your Bond
A bond is a separate payment to rent, it is money that acts as security for the landlord or owner in case you don't meet the terms of your lease agreement. At the end of your agreement if the property is in need of cleaning or repairs or if items need to be replaced, the landlord or owner may claim some or all of the bond.
As the bond is a separate payment to the rent you cannot use any part of the bond as rent – so, when you are moving out, you cannot ask the landlord to keep your bond as final rent payment. Your bond will be lodged with Renting Services and you can expect confirmation from them indicating your lodgement number. Should you have further questions about this, please contact your Raine&Horne Mona Vale Property Manager.

Property Condition Report
Please ensure that you return your signed/amended copy of your property condition report to your Property Manager within 7 days of the tenancy start date. If this is not returned please be aware that the original inspection will be used for end of tenancy comparison, regardless of whether you agree with the original report or not. For more information on completing and returning your condition report please see Office of Fair Trading Website.

Tenant Contents Insurance
It is crucial that you affect your own tenant contents insurance.
It is important to note that should your goods be damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owner’s property, they are not insured by the owner. (i.e. fire, storm damage, power outages etc) Example One: An electrical fault in the building starts a fire and the property is destroyed. Your possessions will not be covered by the owner’s insurance. 

Example Two: You are away on holidays and the power cuts out due to an electrical fault in the building. Your return home to find your fridge/freezer goods spoilt. The owners insurance will not cover your fridge/freezer goods.

In all cases above, quality tenant contents insurance should cover your goods for these given examples. Please check with your insurer, however, for the cover they can provide you.