AVAILABLE NOW – PUT YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST ON YOUR BLOCK OF LAND & START BUILDING BY 2021! The land lots will vary in sizes from 600m2 to over 700m2 with prices from $225,000.
Port Douglas Land Developments is proud to be part of the next growth stage in Port Douglas with the New Port Estate development. The 180 acre footprint affords unparalleled opportunities providing a connection with the iconic Wangetti Trail bordering the east of the land, the Mowbray River to the south and a frontage to the Captain Cook Highway of over 1 klm. Future amenities will include expansive parks and family friendly recreational spaces, a complimentary commercial hub, senior living options and good sized affordable allotments to enable the Douglas Shire to grow in a measured and sustainable way.
“I am very proud to be part of this legacy project which we have been working on for many years. It represents a unique opportunity to show how sustainable growth can occur whilst still retaining the special character of the Port Douglas community. We have a high percentage of natural open park lands to enhance the residential environment which we are sure will have great appeal to families and residents.” We see this as a great opportunity for the Port Douglas greater region with hundreds of jobs to be created over the next few years.
Raine & Horne Port Douglas has been allocated the development to sell. Director of Raine & Horne Port Douglas, David Cotton, said " This is a very exciting time for Port Douglas. We have seen a shortage of land available for new housing in the area and this will give many families an opportunity to purchase a block of land to build their dream home." He also added that with the Government grants currently available, this will give families a great helping hand to see those dreams become reality. The land
lots will vary in sizes from 600m2 to over 700m2 with prices from $225,000. The first stage has 32 allotments and there with several more stages over the next few years.
HomeBuilder provides eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home. HomeBuilder assists the residential construction sector by encouraging the commencement of new home builds and renovations.
On 29 November 2020, the Government announced an extension to the HomeBuilder program to 31 March 2021.
Changes to the HomeBuilder program include:
• A $15,000 grant for building contracts (new builds and substantial renovations) signed between 1 January 2021 and 31 March 2021, inclusive.
• An extended deadline for all applications to be submitted, including those applying for the $25,000 grant and the new $15,000 grant. Applications can now be submitted up until 14 April 2021 (inclusive). This will apply to all eligible contracts signed on or after 4 June 2020.
• An extension to the construction commencement timeframe from three months to six months for all HomeBuilder applicants. This will apply to all eligible contracts signed on or after 1 January 2021, but will also be backdated and apply to all contracts entered into on or after 4 June 2020.
• An increase to the property price cap for new build contracts in New South Wales and Victoria to $950,000 and $850,000, respectively, where the contract is signed between 1 January 2021 and 31 March 2021, inclusive.
o The existing new build property price cap of $750,000 will continue to apply in all other States and Territories.
• A change in licensing requirements and registration for builders and developers, as below
o Where an eligible contract is signed on or after the 29 November 2020, the builder or developer must have a valid licence or registration before 29 November 2020.
o Where an eligible contract is signed before 29 November 2020, the builder or developer must have a valid licence or registration before 4 June 2020.
Other than the above, the existing program criteria applies. That is, the other existing eligibility criteria remains in place and the $25,000 grant will still be made available for eligible contracts signed on or before 31 December 2020.
You can register to receive updates on HomeBuilder when more information is available through the form below.
HomeBuilder program criteria Contracts signed between 4 June and 31 December 2020 (inclusive) Contracts signed between 1 January and 31 March 2021 (inclusive)
Grant amount (new builds and substantial renovations) $25,000 $15,000
Construction commencement timeframe Construction must commence within six months of the contract being signed.
New build price cap Property value cannot exceed $750,000 Property value cannot exceed:
For further information on the development please contact David Cotton on [email protected]
|R&H Suburb Summary||Houses|
|Number of sales||11|
|Median Rental Price||$500 p.w.|
|Change in Rental Rate (5yr)||0 %|
|R&H Suburb Summary||Units|
|Number of sales||16|
|Median Rental Price||$300 p.w.|
|Change in Rental Rate (5yr)||-100 %|