This exquisite, property sits at the very crest of a hill overlooking Port Douglas & the Coral Sea.
Designed by renowned architect, Chris Van Dyke, the home encompasses the very best of contemporary, tropical living whilst capturing breathtaking views in every direction with ABSOLUTE privacy.
Luxuriously appointed throughout, a recent extension completes the home to provide 4 generous bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a home office or media room, a modern chef’s kitchen plus multiple indoor & outdoor living spaces.
Set amongst some of the most stunning tropical grounds, on over 37.5 acres of lush rainforest, this is the stuff that dreams are made of! A fabulous 12m infinity edge pool with an 8 seater spa is the perfect place to enjoy the uninterupted night sky.
4G mobile reception & Fixed Wireless NBN nearby mean that working from home is absolutely an option here.
The impressive vista of the Great Dividing Range creates a dramatic backdrop to the West, combined with your Easterly view direct over canefields towards Newell Beach, Port Douglas & the Pacific horizon beyond…
- Fully air conditioned throughout
- 4 Large bedrooms (3K+1Q ) or (1K,1Q+4 ks) accommodating up to 8 guests
- 3 Beautiful modern bathrooms including an amazing outdoor bathroom with freestanding bath
- Granite benchtops in kitchen + 900mm gas cooktop, double ovens & large servery window to verandah
- 12 meter Infinity saltwater swimming pool with extra large spa to seat 8 people
- Sunbathing deck and sun lounges with full views of the Coral Sea
- Concreted driveway from Somerset Drive all the way to the top of the hill
- Self-sufficient water supply from freshwater bore on the property
- 20 solar panels with 5kw inverter
‘The View 360 Retreat’ is currently a very successful holiday rental offering the discerning guests the ultimate escape. Alternatively, if you don’t want to share, this home is certainly comfortable & enjoyable all year round, falling within the Miallo State School catchment area with high schools in Mossman, Mareeba & Cairns.
Only 1.5 hours’ drive to Cairns International & Domestic Airports, or 30 minutes to Port Douglas & 10 minutes into Mossman, Somerset Drive is in an ideal location for permanent or part-time living.
198 Somerset Drive is the perfect base from which to experience the wonders of the local region from rainforest tours to snorkelling and diving on the Great Barrier & the amazing Mossman Gorge nearby. Great Barrier Reef options include fishing, scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, and coral viewing to the Outer Barrier Reef and the Low Islands. The Daintree River Ferry is only 20 minutes to your north, the gateway to Cape Tribulation’s untouched rainforest & beaches.
This is an irreplaceable property – you will not find another opportunity to own a spectacular home in paradise like this.
Got a property to sell? Contact us for a free Property Estimate
Need help with your finance?