Surrounded by rainforest, this charming home is set above the road to capture sea breezes & valley views whilst remaining completely private from passers by. Located only 10 minutes from the heart of Port Douglas’ village centre, Mowbray is a coveted rural area with natural freshwater creeks & waterfalls nearby, with prolific birdlife where locals love to live…
Originally built in 1982, this solid block home has been extensively extended & renovated over the last 20 years. Excellent workmanship & tropical design have combined here to create a warm & inviting space, perfect for families or couples, with plenty of space for visitors too.
Packed with features, this property ticks almost every box imaginable. At a glance:
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- open plan lounge & kitchen area at the centre of the house
- granite benchtops, walk-in pantry, 900mm gas cooktop & oven plus dual-drawer dishwasher
- enormous master suite with a stunning new ensuite, including freestanding bath & separate walk in shower. – a large walk-in wardrobe with de-humidifying heater to eliminate any mould issues during summer is the icing on the cake to create a very luxurious space
- 2nd bedroom also boasts its own walk-in wardrobe & ensuite
- 3rd bedroom located at the other end of the house has built-in wardrobes with access to a stylishly renovated bathroom via the laundry
- oodles of built in storage & cabinetry in the laundry
- fully air conditioned with modern split-system units throughout
- huge timber decked area for entertaining with built-in spa – perfect for enjoying starlit nights!
- 5kw solar array
- 7.6m x 6m powered shed with sturdy mezzanine & an enclosed lean-to for extra storage
- completely concreted driveway with remote controlled gate
- rainwater collection tank, plus separate tank connected to bore for back up; fully connected to filtration systems before feeding the house
- 2 septic systems (one for original house, one for extension)
- enclosed lawn area at rear of the house
- Fixed wireless NBN connected
Properties like this are as rare as hen’s teeth & the owners are reluctantly leaving to be closer to family. Take advantage of this opportunity to purchase a well-loved property & enjoy tropical living at its best.
Got a property to sell? Contact us for a free Property Estimate
Need help with your finance?