Take advantage of the $25,000 government building grant while it last!
Located 110 kilometres north of Cairns and 56 kilometres north of Port Douglas this 22.39 acre property located by the Daintree River offers a great opportunity for anyone wanting freedom and space without being too distant from civilisation.
Seemingly remote the property is surrounded by mountain views and rainforest with only one house in sight and little noise other than the vast variety of rare bird species yet it is only one minute drive to the Daintree township where one can enjoy local culinary delights from the friendly cafes or relax and enjoy a beer and a meal at the local pub.
The property has boundless creative possibilities whether you are looking to be off-grid, on-grid or a little of both or whether you are looking to raise livestock, plant fruit trees or just enjoy the vastness of your property as you sit on your future house on the hill overlooking lush green fields of grass and distant uninhibited mountain views.
- Two large hills to build on, both with great views. Preliminary house plans done as well as a site soil test and septic system report. Can be provided upon request.
- Star filled night skies. A cool breeze that flows down the valley and drops night time temperatures significantly compared with surrounding areas.
- Limitless solar energy potential and mains power accessibility.
- Mobile phone reception and land line access.
- Spring water accessible on the hill, bore water easily accessible if one installed a bore, town water available at front gate.
- 2 × 5000L water tanks; one situated high on the hill that is fed from the spring water to gravity feed the property.
- Fenced on both sides and along the front with a gate.
- Two separate dams which sit between the hills giving potential to be increased in size. Could be used for recreation or to water livestock.
- Small creek that flows through the property most of the year which contains turtles, numerous fish species and rare fresh water crabs.
- Property is currently leased for cattle agistment and thus does not have any land tax implications
- Annual Council Rates: $1,538.00