We commit to you that we will perform the following duties when managing your property.
Marketing Your Property For Lease
- We will place a listing for your property on 11 different real estate websites that we subscribe to and each listing will include at least 3 photographic images of the property. If your property is an executive property where we can achieve over $500 per week rent we will get professional photos taken at no extra charge.
- Your property will be accurately described and on all advertising mediums (as mutually agreed between us).
- We will conduct private viewings of your property and at least one ‘Open for Inspection’ each week until the property is leased (subject to access provided to us by any current occupant).
- All property viewings will be carried out by one of our representatives (we do not give out keys to prospective tenants).
- We will update you on the status of your available property on a regular basis.
Leasing Your Property
- All information and references provided by tenancy applicants will be verified by us as soon as reasonably possible.
- Unless you instruct otherwise, all potentially suitable tenancy applications will be referred to you for a decision.
- We will lease your property for the rental amount nominated in the Management Agency Agreement between us (or higher if the market justifies it) and the property will not be leased for a lower amount without your prior approval.
- Subject to the tenancy commencement date and the tenant’s availability, we will prepare the tenancy documentation within 2 working days of tenancy approval.
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy.
- We will follow up all rent payments in accordance with:
- our fully documented arrears process, and
- the requirements of the relevant legislation
- Should your tenant get to 16 days in arrears, we will contact you to seek your instructions regarding possible termination of the tenancy.
- Should termination of the tenancy be necessary, we will keep you informed throughout the legal process.
- All monies received by us will be banked into your nominated bank account, on the 15th and 1st of each month or closest working business day.
- We will provide you with 2 monthly rent payments (15th and 30th).
Repairs and Maintenance
- All non urgent repair requests from tenants will be attended to within 2 working days of receipt.
- We will not arrange any repairs to your property without your knowledge and approval (unless the repair is defined as “urgent” under the Residential Tenancies Act).
- We will attend to any “urgent” repair requests as soon as reasonably possible.
- All reasonable steps will be taken to obtain the best pricing for your repairs and maintenance.
- We will only use appropriately licensed and insured tradespeople for any repairs or maintenance work to your property.
- We will provide you with a copy of invoices for all work arranged on your behalf for the property.
Tenancy Agreement Renewals
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property 90 days prior to its expiry.
- Unless you instruct otherwise, we will offer the tenant a ‘Renewal Of Tenancy Agreement‘ for the same period as the initial agreement at the same rent (or a higher rent if the market justifies it).
- You will be advised if the tenant does not want to renew their tenancy agreement.
- We will carry out at least 4 periodic inspection of your property each year and provide you with a detailed report each time.
On receipt of a tenant vacating, we will:
- advise you by phone, letter, fax or email
- confirm the details in writing from the tenant
- list the property on our websites & put the agreed advertising plan into effect
- prepare all necessary vacating documentation
- arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants
After the tenant vacates the property:
- process the tenant’s rental bond refund
- if deductions from the rental bond are considered necessary, full details will be provided to the tenant
- complete all necessary documentation to finalise the rental bond
Property Disbursements and Statements
- All agreed property disbursements will be paid on your behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability of funds).
- Your Rent Statement will be sent to you within 2 working days of our monthly close off date.
- Your Rent Statement will be personally checked by your Property Manager prior to being forwarded to you.
- We will provide you with an accurate Annual Income and Expenditure Statement within 30 days of the end of the Financial Year.
- Our office hours are 9.00 am – 5.00 pm 5 days per week.
- We will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible more often than not within hours or on the same day.
- We will promptly advise you of any pertinent matters affecting your property or the tenancy.
- Tenant’s complaints received in writing (i.e. fax, letter, and email) will be acknowledged within one working day.
- All complaints will be formally recorded and responded to.
- We will provide all documentation in clear and concise English.
- We will ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete.
- All property condition reports will be comprehensively and accurately completed.
- Copies of all documents that we sign on your behalf as agent will be forwarded to you (unless you instruct otherwise).
- All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be released to a third party without written authorisation.
- All updates and corrections advised to us will be recorded in our system within one working day.
- The highest standards of honesty, integrity and professional practice will be conducted in compliance with the Code of Conduct of the Real Estate Institute of Australia.
Our Guarantee To You
- If we fail to meet any of these standards, and we are notified in writing and we do not rectify the matter within 2 business days, we will manage your property for 3 months management fee free.
This Guarantee does not apply when:
- We are requested to carry out non-standard duties.
- Matters are outside our control. For example, a natural disaster or accident.
In Your Best Interests
- We treat all tenants with utmost respect.
- Your property is treated like we own it.
- We are transparent, professional and diligent.
- We have been providing Property Management Services since March 1980.
- All of our Property Management team are highly experienced and professionally qualified.
- We are proud of our reputation and we thank you for placing your trust in us.
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success ~Henry Ford