Final Inspection Guide (Residential Rentals)
To prevent a Bond Claim…
You as the tenant are required to leave the property in a clean and well maintained state –
Please take a note of the check list below:
- Stove, griller, hot plates and drip-tray to be cleaned thoroughly.
- Exhaust fan covers to be removed and cleaned.
- Air vents to be dusted and cleaned.
- Venetians, curtains & blinds to be taken down, cleaned and put back up
- Windows and window sills to be cleaned inside and out.
- All cupboards to be cleaned thoroughly inside and out.
- Marks to be removed from walls.
- All light fittings to be cleaned and light bulbs in working order.
- All floors and skirting to be washed.
- Carpets to be professionally shampooed
- Cobwebs to be removed both inside and outside.
- Lawns to be mowed and edges trimmed.
- Flower beds and pebble areas to be weeded.
- All rubbish to be removed inside and out.
- Bathrooms, toilets, bathroom cabinets, shower recess to be scrubbed and grouting to be free of all soap, residue and mildew. Shower screens and curtains to be washed.
- Driveways, carports & concrete areas to be free from oil & grease stains.
- Furniture and upholstery to be left in clean condition.
- Fireplaces to be free of all ash.
- All items on inventory to be accounted for.
Please ensure you have done the following:
- Advised Raine & Horne of your forwarding address for bond refund (even if the bond is being returned to the Housing Trust).
- Advised Raine & Horne if you had any problems with cleaning the property in time for the final inspection.
- Rent is paid up to the date you are vacating.
- You have all keys that were given to you and any additional ones you have had cut to be returned to Raine & Horne.
- Arrange for disconnection of your services (electricity and phone).