EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT REQUESTING MAINTENANCE IN AN EMERGENCY.
If you need maintenance and your issue isn't urgent, our helpful team of property managers are available during busines hours to help you out. An urgent repairs is any of the following:
- Burst water service including hot water systems
- Broken or malfunctioning appliance, fitting or fixture causing a substantial waste of water
- Blocked or broken toilet
- Serious roof leak
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- Any fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure.
You must be able to show that the problem was not your fault and that you made a 'reasonable' attempt to contact the landlord/agent. You always need to make sure you gave the landlord/agent a 'reasonable' chance to do the repairs. If you do require emergency repairs they need to be carried out by a repair person named in your tenancy agreement (if possible) or by a licensed or qualified tradesperson.
You must give the landlord/agent written notice about the repairs, costs and copies of receipts. More information can be found on the NSW Fair Trading Website
Terry Starr Glass Terry 0419 612 435