Brimming with the character and warmth, this spacious Victorian terrace delivers bright indoor-outdoor living in a tranquil setting. Next to Sydney University and a short stroll to Central Park shopping, trains and CBD.
- Inviting lounge and separate dining with fireplaces
- Galley style kitchen opens through French doors to alfresco area
- Private deck flows to leafy, north-facing entertainers’ courtyard
- Generous main bedroom boasts built-ins and a wide covered balcony
- Well appointed bathroom revealing floor-to-ceiling tiles and bath
- High ceilings and floorboards
Available 2nd November 2020
6 or 12 month lease term
The small pocket of Darlington is tucked away between north Newtown, Chippendale and Redfern. Some of the area’s grandest terrace houses can be found along the western end of Wilson Street. There are also a lot of standard Victorian terraces and single level dwellings. Much of Darlington’s housing was acquired by Sydney University in the 1960s which demolished acres of homes to expand the campus.
The former railway carriage workshops in Eveleigh railway yards have been converted into a theatre, gallery and workshop space known as Carriage Works. Right next door, in the old blacksmith’s sheds, is the Eveleigh Markets – a farmers’ market selling fresh produce every Saturday. There is also a cluster of trendy cafes along Abercrombie Street in neighbouring Chippendale and Hollis Park is just up the road in north Newtown.
The Sydney University campus dominates the suburb and is a major drawcard for students, lecturers and associated workers looking for housing in the area. Darlington Primary School is on Golden Grove Street and there are lots of schooling options in nearby Newtown, Chippendale and Stanmore.
Darlington is located about 3km south west of the CBD and offers residents easy access to both Redfern and MacDonaldtown train stations plus buses on the City Road and Cleveland Street routes.
Due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we are conducting all inspections privately right now. Our priority is the safety and well-being of our clients, staff, and the general public. At all inspections, please:
• Maintain at least 1.5m distance
• Avoid touching surfaces
• Wash your hands before entering
Please do not book an inspection if:
• You are, or have been unwell with cold or flu like symptoms
• You have travelled overseas in the last 14 day
• You have been in contact with any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19
0427 374 072