Things to consider before choosing a rental property
A rental checklist is a list of items to check in the house/unit/flat that you are considering renting. Sometimes when you look at places you may forget to check things. The rental checklist will help you jog your memory.
Check these features: Yes/No/Not important
- Is the rent within your budget?
- Is the house in good condition?
- Turn on the taps - is the water pressure strong or weak?
- Will you need a laundry?
- Does the bathroom or toilet leak?
- Does the stove/hot water service work?
- Is there a TV aerial and connection to it?
- Any repairs required?
- Are there signs of rats or other pests?
- Is the house near public transport, a school or under a flight path?
- Do you need a parking space?
- Is there a garden or lawn? Are you responsible for garden maintenance?
- Do any of the walls need painting? Check if the landlord will arrange this or give you a reduction in rent to organise the painting yourselves.
- Is there a telephone and connection available?
- Is there shopping and other necessary facilities nearby?
- Is the house secure?