16 Bald Hills Road, Blakiston, SA 5250
"Maxwood Stables" - 2.725 Hectares | 6.73 Acres
Welcome to one of Blakiston's shining stars… "Maxwood Stables" is iconic in its position and location, a special small acreage offering circa 1915 classic stone homestead and much more.
As you drive in, you'll pass by the large dam and ancient pear tree, then up past the round yard and horse arena, past the residence and studio to the modern stable complex. The land has been divided into four paddocks and there is vehicle access from both Old Princes Highway and Bald Hills Road.
Features of the residence include:
- Lofty 12' ceilings, Baltic timber floors
- Four bedrooms, three with open fireplace
- The master chef of your family will love the country kitchen with electric oven & gas cooktop, dishwasher, island bench, ample cupboard space and blackwood benchtops.
- Spacious modern living area with French doors to patio area
- Heritage style bathroom with claw bath, timber double vanity, shower and toilet
- Spacious laundry with built-in cupboards and bench space
- Reverse cycle and ducted air conditioning, slow combustion log fire
Other improvements & features:
- Established garden and grounds with many fruit trees
- Studio / teenager retreat with spacious lounge/dining area, one bedroom, kitchen and bathroom
- Wisteria clad patio area with stone rockery and fishpond
- Two-car carport, high bay horse float shelter
- Stable complex, with two stalls, feed and tack room, day yard
- Workshop shed and storage shedding
- Original stone laundry and outhouse, now known as 'Cluckington Palace'
- Glass greenhouse
- 60m x 20m horse arena, separate round yard
- Good water supply with dam, mains water, large rainwater tank
- 6KW solar power system
Whether you are looking for an equine property, a hobby farm, or just more space for your family, this is a must see! Located only 8 minutes drive to Mount Barker shopping hub
- and with Howard Vineyard as a neighbour, you can enjoy a cheese platter and glass of vino without the Uber! Blakiston is a sought after and popular place to live in the Adelaide Hills, being only a short drive to Mount Barker Central and approximately 32 minutes drive to Adelaide CBD.
- Property ID: L16655524
- Property Type:House
- Land Area:6.73 acre
|R&H Suburb Summary||Houses|
|Number of sales||4|
|Median Rental Price||$ p.w.|
|Change in Rental Rate (5yr)||n/a|