Lot 51 Pursell Road, Bugle Ranges, SA 5251
** SOLD **
"Friedrich's Rise" 32.5 Hectares / 84.5 Acres
A magnificent parcel of land that has been held within the same family for over 170 years spanning five generations, circa 1849.
Situated in an ideal location, just off Long Valley Road, in the sought after area of Bugle Ranges.
Main features of the acreage include:
- Picturesque open grazing country with pockets of mature gums and shelter belts.
- Superb building sites with stunning Adelaide Hills views.
- Elevated with a far-reaching outlook through to Lake Alexandrina.
- Good water supply with large spring fed dam plus stock dam.
- Power located along Pursell Road. The land is good grazing country and has always been used for grazing and cutting hay. The soil is good sandy loam over clay and the average annual rainfall for the area is approximately 550mm. The picturesque land is gently undulating and has a number of excellent building sites with far-reaching views. Power is located nearby on Pursell Road. There are remnants of early settlement with a lone fig tree, part of a garden in times gone. The SteamRanger Heritage Railway line runs along the southern boundary, with a crossing at Pursell and Wakefield Roads. The sight and sound of classic locomotive trains weaving their way through Bugle Ranges as they travel from Mount Barker to Goolwa provide a romantic reminder of times long past. The family refer to the property Friedrich's Rise in homage to their forebear, Friedrich Eduard Heinrich Wulf Krichauff, who arrived in Australia in 1849 and was a highly regarded pioneer of South Australia. Among other things he was a farmer, member of the South Australian Volunteer Force, Chairman of the first Macclesfield and Strathalbyn District Councils, member of the first House of Assembly and, later, the Legislative Council and Chairman of the Agricultural Bureau and a founder of the forestry industry of South Australia. This land offers the ideal opportunity to create your own family estate in this sought after rural / residential area. Bugle Ranges offers many different properties including beef and sheep, equine and hobby farms. Situated approximately 30 minutes' drive to Glen Osmond Road and 45 minutes to the CBD and 40 minutes to the South Coast. ** Access to the property is not permitted unless the Agent is present, due to stock being on the land. To view the property outside of scheduled inspection times, please contact the Agent. Thank you for your co-operation **
- Property ID: L16559804
- Property Type:Land
- Land Area:84.5 acre