Just take one look at this magical beach location, surrounded by world heritage forest and you will be yearning for that lifestyle change you have always dreamed of! The scenic Great Barrier Reef Drive from Cairns to Cape Tribulation is one you’ll never forget and along the way you will discover pristine Wangetti Beach known better to locals than to tourists. From high up on the Rex Lookout, the captured views are of an unspoilt coastline stretching as far as the eye can see. Wangetti Beach is a perfect place to stop and refresh with a quiet walk along the beach, shared only with a few coconut trees and the occasional local. Wangetti is 40 kms north of Cairns International Airport and 27 kms south of Port Douglas. A beautiful and quiet area which would be ideal for a quiet lifestyle either with retirement in mind or as a family home.
FEATURES OF THE PROPERTY:
- Spacious kitchen with integrated appliances & walk in pantry
- Stone benchtops and preparation island also used for casual dining
- Large outdoor undercover tiled area – idea for barbeques & entertaining
- Well maintained solid block home on 1098 m2 of land
- Fully tiled flooring throughout
- 3 good sized bedrooms with built-in wardrobes & air conditioners
- Main bedroom has a generous en suite bathroom and walk in wardrobe
- Fully air conditioned throughout the whole house plus ceiling fans
- Security & insect screens, glass sliding doors and big picture windows for lots of natural light.
- Remote controlled entry to double car garage with storage room and laundry facilities.
- Direct door access to house and yard from inside the garage.
- Currently rented to long term tenants at $500 per week until February 2024.
- Big backyard, fully fenced and landscaped with beautiful bird, butterfly and bee attracting native flowers & trees
- Vegetable garden set up and producing
- Side access for extra vehicles, caravan or boat
- Plenty of space for a pool
- Rainwater tank – rainwater plumped into the kitchen for drinking & cooking
- Bore water – used for house & garden.
- Bio Cycle System for sewage. Serviced every 3 months & report is produced for council and owners – $641 per year.
- Walk or drive 3 mins to Wangetti Beach
- Approx. 15 min drive to Clifton Beach shopping centre with dental and medical facilities
- 40 mins to Cairns Airport
- Approx. 25 mins drive north to Port Douglas
- 20 mins to nearest primary schools – Trinity Beach (south) and Port Douglas (north)
- Corner of Evans Road – sealed road
- Mobile phone reception available
- Property is part of a small subdivision located in the small hamlet of Wangetti.
- Rex Lookout – nearby hang gliding & microlight access and scenic views up & down the coast
- Near to Hartley’s Creek Crocodile Adventures – tourist attraction and job opportunities
- Close to Hartley’s Creek Falls for bushwalking & water fall views and freshwater swimming
- Douglas Shire Council Rates $1900 approx. per year.
- Quiet, small, beach side community, nestled in a peaceful pocket of Far North Queensland, surrounded by World Heritage. Wangetti Beach, an ideal place to relax & unwind, or take the more energetic option of hiking up to the Hartley’s Creek Waterfalls.
Other activities include fishing, boating, crabbing, mountain bike riding, bush walking, bird watching, photography or snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef! It’s all right on your doorstep! The choice is yours! You are not just buying a house; you are buying a lifestyle.
CALL to arrange an inspection and in the meantime, view the video to take a look at your new lifestyle destination!