Price now $450k, wont last long…Totally unique rainforest home, recently renovated and set on 4 acres with no neighbours either side and national park on the back boundary.
This beautiful property presents as a true rainforest experience with a bonus of two rainforest creeks flowing through the property.
- Tranquil setting and peaceful surrounds this is a stylish, newly renovated, Hydroelectricity powered home.
- The main creek flows right by the home with a bird’s eye view of the creek and from one of the two upstairs verandahs.
- The home is two storey and boasts wide open spaces upstairs and down, with a generous space on both levels.
- There are 5 decks in total – 2 of them are either end of the home upstairs (open air) then 2 either end of the home downstairs (covered) and the grand entry deck (covered) at the main entrance.
- Downstairs boasts a grand entry way with vaulted ceiling and an impressive hanging wagon wheel light feature and a very welcoming feel.
- The main bedroom on the lower level is spacious and connects to a private balcony.
- The newly built bathroom/wet room is beautifully done with tiling throughout, a monsoon rainwater showerhead and lounging space plus subdued rainforest images through the cloudy window design, it’s amazing! The other end of the first level has a newly built kitchen features locally sourced timber kitchen benchtop. Again, a generous and welcoming size area with clever wagon wheel oversize dining table base.
- Upstairs, a large bedroom area (bedroom 2 or flexible space) opens onto a timber deck with elevated rainforest views. This connects by a hallway to bedroom 3 and bedroom 4. Both bedrooms have sliding door access to the balcony overlooking the freshwater creek.
- What an incredible place to sit and admire nature, looking out over the moss-covered boulders with ferns and orchids on mass. The trickling sound of the creek here is like a soothing music from nature.
A separate power shed houses the power system. This system is multi-faceted and combines solar (roof mounted panels), a backup Honda petrol generator and Hydroelectricity set up. The power system also has a near new 3000-watt inverter and brand new 24 volt 3.3 KVA lithium battery bank. The Hydroelectricity set up comprises approx. 200 metres of blue line pipe with an approx. a 30 metre head. The turbine (platypus power) supplies reliable circa 6 amps to the battery day and night.
This comes directly from the crystal-clear waters of the creek which has a separate pipeline and delivers mountain fresh pure Daintree water to a 3000 litre tank. Rainwater collection is also included and Daintree rainwater tastes better than bottled water.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
- No TV aerial has been installed however, VAST (Viewer access Satellite Television) is available in the area
- NBN Internet is installed
- Mobile phone is only available via internet WIFI calling.
The house and yard area only occupy a small footprint within the generous 4 acres of rainforest & grounds. The forest type is nothing short of superb and with the personal creek passing right by the home, a plunge pool size swimming hole is easily accessible being only metres from the house.
*Candlenut Road in the Daintree is situated at the base of the impressive Thornton Peak Mountain. The rainforest surrounds captivate and embrace you in its beauty. The variety of species of trees, plants and wildlife is astounding. Abundant wildlife is ever present and to witness some of nature’s shows, is one of the best parts of living in the Daintree Rainforest.
- It is highly recommended to view the walk thru video before booking an inspection to determine suitability **
Please contact Mark Whitham, Daintree Region Sales Specialist for Raine and Horne Mossman to request the info package and to book an inspection. Mobile: 0419 735 943 or Email to [email protected]