At a Glance
- Located on Gawler Street, the thriving hub of the town
- This gorgeous hills’ suburb is only 30 minutes up the south eastern freeway from Adelaide.
- The abundant street art offers a unique modern vibe, making the café a stand out on the main street.
- Creating simply delicious dishes which are wholesome and hearty.
- Enjoy a smooth glass of wine to wash everything down.
Since the mid 1800s the main street of Mount Baker, Gawler Street, has been the thriving hub of the town and, to-date, nothing has changed! This gorgeous hills’ suburb is only 30 minutes up the south eastern freeway from Adelaide. The town is the fastest growing non coastal council in Australia, boasting a population believed to be around 35,000 and an expected population of over 56,000 by 2036.
Establishing itself in 2013, the Gawler Street Café has a prime location amongst all of the action and activity that the main street always has on offer. Step inside to the hospitable atmosphere created with warming timber floors, rustic table settings and classic, money can’t buy, customer service. With plenty of character inside the café, it’s only common sense for the outside to match. The large bull nose veranda and abundant street art offer a unique modern vibe, making the café a stand out on the main street.
Creating simply delicious dishes which are wholesome and hearty, the Gawler Street Café caters for all. Burgers, chips, salad bowls and a large number of vegan dishes are just some of the options available – not to mention a smooth glass of wine to wash everything down. Rated the number 1 restaurant on TripAdvisor and with a Google rating of 4.5 stars, Gawler Street Café has set itself up to continue on successfully in to the future.
0408 085 932