Robina | Mudgeeraba | Nerang
  • Home
  • Moving into your property

Moving into your property

Congratulations on your approved application for your new rental home. Raine & Horne Robina/Mudgeeraba, are excited to have you as a tenant.

We know that moving into a new rental property can be a stressful and busy time for most, so we will endeavour to make the process as smooth as possible for you.

Here’s what you can expect;

Paying your Holding Fee and Signing the General Tenancy Agreement

Once your application has been approved we require that you pay the first two (2) weeks of rent to our Trust Account in advance within 2 bussiness days to secure the propery, also achnowledge that if you do not proceed that one week will be non-refundable.

You will then receive your General Tenancy Agreement via Annature for you to execute digitally. All tenants listed on the General Tenancy Agreement are required to sign all documentation at the beginning on the tenancy.

Your bond will need to be lodged with the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority) within 10 days. The RTA will email you details about your Bond held by them. Please note that the keys will not be provided for the property until the bond and rent are paid in full and the General Tenancy Aggreement is Signed by all parties.

Upon signing the lease with Raine & Horne Robina/Mudgeeraba, you will receive the following:

· A fully signed copy of your General Tenancy Agreement

· A copy of the By-laws will be attached to your General Tenancy Agreement, if required

· Copy of the Entry Condition Report

· RTA Pocket Guide for Tenants

· Tenancy Induction Handbook with Raine & Horne Robina/Mudgeeraba

· Keys to the property (note: this will only occur if the above takes place on your lease start date)

Utility Connections

It is the tenant’s responsibility to ensure your power, gas, phone, internet, etc have been connected into your name prior to moving into the property.

Raine & Horne Robina/Mudgeeraba Partner with Direct Connect who offer a free, no-obligation service to connect all your utilities from the moment you move into your new home – there is no charge to the tenant for this. Direct Connect's service offers a wide range of market leading electricity and gas suppliers to suit your needs and they guarantee your utilities will be connected on the day you move in. They can also connect your broadband, phone and pay TV with Foxtel. For more information please visit

Removalist and Parking

Should you be moving into a strata unit complex, there may be some arrangements to be made with the building manager prior to moving in. Should this be the case, your Raine & Horne Robina/Mudgeeraba Property Manager will advise you. You are also welcome to contact the Strata Agent directly to seek further information.


Should you wish to copy keys it is important to note that upon vacating, all keys, including any copies made by the tenant, must be returned to the Raine & Horne Robina/Mudgeeraba Property Manager or property owner at the end of the tenancy.

Locks can only be changed:

· if the tenant and property manager/owner agree

· in an emergency, or

· by QCAT order.

Any lost or damaged keys, remotes and security fobs, must be replaced at the tenant's expense.

Payment and Lodgement of Your Bond

A bond is a separate payment to rent, it is money that acts as security for the owner in case you don't meet the terms of your lease agreement. At the end of your agreement if the property is in need of cleaning or repairs or if items need to be replaced the owner may claim some or all of the bond.

Your bond will be lodged with the Residential Tenancies Authority and you can expect confirmation from them indicating your lodgement number.

Property Entry Condition Report

Please ensure that you return your signed/amended copy of your Entry Condition Report to Raine & Horne Robina/Mudgeeraba within 7 days of the tenancy start date. If this is not returned, please be aware that the original inspection will be used for end of tenancy comparison, regardless of whether you agree to the original report or not. For more information on completing and returning your condition report please see RTA Website.

Tenant Contents Insurance

It is crucial that you affect your own tenant contents insurance.

It is important to note that should your goods be damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owners property they are not insured by the owner. (i.e. fire, storm damage, power outages etc) Example One: An electrical fault in the building starts a fire and the property is destroyed. Your possessions will not be covered by the owners insurance. Example Two: You are away on holidays and the power cuts out due to an electrical fault in the building. Your return home to find your fridge/freezer goods spoilt. The owners insurance will not cover your fridge/freezer goods.

In all cases above, quality tenant contents insurance should cover your goods for these given examples. Please check with your insurer however for the cover they can provide you.