Elouera’ is a late-Victorian homestead brimming with charm and possibility. With a driveway offering side access to an enormous yard, and no heritage restrictions, there is exciting potential to subdivide or redevelop the site (STCA).
Offered for the second time in its 130-year history, the solid brick home lives up to the Aboriginal translation of its name: a pleasant place’. Beyond the storybook faade and leadlight front door are adjoining lounge and dining rooms with high ceilings and original marble fireplaces. An enclosed wrap-around balcony overlooks a leafy yard and captures glimpses of Brighton-Le-Sands through the treetops. Updated over recent decades, it’s suitable for immediate occupancy, with scope for further renovation.
Within the historical Ocean View Estate’ housing cluster, the property enjoys a quiet position surrounded by other character cottages. It’s a short walk from Rockdale’s fast city trains and village shopping, and a five-minute drive from beaches and cafes along Botany Bay.
• Large (1200sq m) block with side vehicle access
• Period details including high ornate ceilings, picture rails, wide timber floorboards and original fireplaces with marble mantles
• Three bedrooms, the main with fireplace and balcony access
• Updated timber kitchen including gas cooktop and dishwasher
• Well-presented bathroom offering separate bath and shower
• Original outhouse, laundry, horse stable and store room
|R&H Suburb Summary||Houses|
|Number of sales||96|
|Median Rental Price||$620 p.w.|
|Change in Rental Rate (5yr)||4 %|
|R&H Suburb Summary||Units|
|Number of sales||87|
|Median Rental Price||$480 p.w.|
|Change in Rental Rate (5yr)||7 %|