This rare to find property, located only 20 minutes from Roma in prime agricultural country, offers a unique combination of quiet and peaceful seclusion with multiple lifestyle possibilities and location convenience. Retreat is one of two remaining 160 acre properties surveyed in 1893 and seldom does one property provide so much flexibility for rural living. This acreage home designed and engineered specifically for low maintenance and appreciation for life in the bush is one with its surroundings. The modern extensions added to the pre-existing 1940’s Queenslander cottage are seamless and complement the original home. Combining large banks of modern louvred windows for maximum airflow and natural light with the adjoined outdoor area, this home provides entertainment spaces and enjoyment of the beautiful views both inside and out all year round.
Retreat will welcome you to a modern 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home opening to the large, enclosed veranda with mod wood boards showcasing amazing views across the well-established lawn to the picturesque dam. Simply sit back and relax. The centrepiece of the home is the large open plan living space with well-appointed central island kitchen with features of timber, tiles and stainless steel. The finishes used on this home include tough, easy care travertine tiles throughout & stylish light fittings, including a wood heater for those cool evenings and ceiling cassette air-conditioning in the living area and split system air conditioning in the bedrooms for the summer heat. The laundry/mudroom allows for ease of access from the garden with plenty of storage for larger items and extra fridge space.
The well-established garden includes large shade trees, multiple fruit trees, vegie patch and rose garden with an in-ground pool nestled in the surrounds. The outside entertaining area is linked to the house and pool by a beautifully shaded walkway that leads to the guest cottage [sleeps 4] with ensuite.
It doesn’t stop there:
• A 16m by 6m steel-frame, concreted shed with lights and power, divided into workable undercover areas of your choosing, including but not limited to workshop/storage/parking/caravan storage/office.
• A circular driveway leads through the easy-care established gardens with irrigation/sprinkler system, complete with orchard and veggie patch, to a 4-bay carport.
• This property gives you a whole lot of indoor and even more outdoor living, with an outdoor hot-water shower/toilet nestled amongst the greenery
• Chicken coop, double dog kennel, and cattle yards with a crush and loading ramp.
• Watered by automated bore with float and separate rain water tanks.
• Fenced in 3 paddocks
• Dam cleaned out in 2019
• Internet, satellite TV on both dwellings
• Bus service (ICPA)
Only on inspection can one truly appreciate the thought and attention to detail which has been given to these beautiful dwellings.
All this creates your own bit of paradise.
Got a property to sell? Contact us for a free Property Estimate
Need help with your finance?