Meet the Head Of Rental Department

Olivia Shamon

Getting to Know Olivia



Olivia Started her Real Estate journey as a Sales Executive at Raine & Horne Roxburgh Park 4 years ago, Olivia quickly took an interest in the Property Management side of the business, showing a passion for customer care & satisfaction. It wasn’t long before her interest in Property Management led her to working full time as an Assistant property manager, to quickly progressing as the Head of Rental Department.

With almost 5 years experience specialising in residential leasing she has an intimate knowledge of the Northern Suburb Areas.

She is widely recognised within the industry as a leader in her chosen field of Property Management and has built a reputation of offering the highest level of personalised and professional service second to none.

Olivia is passionate in her role at Raine & Horne Roxburgh Park and takes pride & dedication to helping people find that perfect place to call home.

Frequently Asked Qustions for Olivia


What type of paperwork is involved in renting out my investment property?

Potential tenants who wish to rent a property must complete a Residential Tenancy application. Your property manager will interview all prospective tenants and check the application closely to ensure all information, such as rental and employment history, is correct, to ensure we select a quality tenant. However, ultimately tenant selection is at the owner’s discretion.

Once approved, the tenant is required to sign a lease agreement prior to taking possession of your property. You may then select a fixed term lease (for a specified period of time, such as 6 or 12 months), or rent the property on a periodic basis. You can decide on the term that suits your personal circumstances when speaking with the Property Manager.

A security bond  is usually payable by the tenant prior to possession of the property. The bond is lodged with the Residential Tenancy Bond Authority. Providing the property has been well-maintained and following a final inspection, the bond is released to the tenant at the expiry of the lease.

Lets cut it short! 
The following Paperwork will need to be organised prior to the tenants move in. 

  • Residential Tenancy Application
  • Residiential Tenancy Lease Agreement between Landlord & Tenants
  • Bond Lodgemont Form 
  • Condition Report 

How will my investment property be protected?

Your Property manager should undertake thorough Condition Reports prior to the tenants occupying the property. Once the tenants are settled into the property, a routine insepction is conducted to ensure the tenants are keeping the property in a satisfactory condition. 

Who is responsible for ongoing maintenance and expenses: the property investor or the tenant?

Responsibility for the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of a rental property falls to the owner and the tenant, together with the assistance of your Property manager.

The owner must agree to maintain the property in tenantable condition. This means you are financially responsible for covering any repairs required, such as: fixing a broken air conditioning unit.

At the same time, the tenant must agree to maintain the home in accordance with the ‘property condition report’ that they complete at the start of the tenancy. If they break a window, for instance, then it is their financial responsibility to have it replaced.

What happens in the event that a tenant causes damage to my property?

In cases of damage to the property where the tenant is at fault – and the damage is not considered to be normal wear and tear – the tenancy agreement states the tenant is liable for maintenance of the property, and must undertake any damage at their own expense. In this regard its very important to have landlord protection insurance to provide you with cover if your tenant does not pay for damage when required.

These examples may help to explain the difference between genuine “wear and tear” and tenant negligence.

Normal Wear and Tear (owner’s responsibility)

  • Carpet wear in corridors or other frequently used areas
  • A broken lock due to age and wear
  • Flaking paint after many years of sun exposure
  • Vertical blinds that have fallen apart due to extensive use

Neglectful Damage (tenants responsibility)

  • Stains or burns from items dropped or placed on carpets
  • Lock broken to gain entry after tenant forgot their key
  • Curtain torn by pet

How will my property manager handle the situation if the tenant is late paying their rent?

As stipulated by the tenancy agreement, rent is often paid fortnightly or monthly, and if your tenant is late in paying the rent, it is your property manager’s responsibility to formally advise the tenant. Should the rent not be paid in accordance with the notice served, your property manager will contact the owner immediately to request permission to proceed further and recover any sums due. 

How do I prepare my investment property for rent?

Prospective tenants need to form an emotional bond with your property as their ‘home’, so following are some suggestions to assist owners in presenting their properties in the best possible light:

  • Ensure the roof is in good repair. Replace broken tiles as necessary, and make any repairs to fly screens. Clean windows professionally, both inside and out. Clean and repair gutters. A freshly painted picket fence or rendered wall can make a big difference to the ‘street appeal’ of your home.
  • Ensure the interior of the property has been thoroughly cleaned, including light fittings, curtains and carpets.
  • Repair minor faults, such as leaking taps, loose handles and doorknobs, and superficial cracks in plaster and cornices. This can help minimise objections from prospective tenants
  • The presentation of the kitchen is critical, so make sure the cupboards are neat and that they open and close easily, while also ensuring the stove and oven are clean and exhaust fans are in good working order.

Who is responsible for maintaing the lawns and gardens?

Unless otherwise agreed, the tenant is responsible to maintain the lawns and gardens to the standard they were given at the start of the tenancy.

Can a tenant break the Tenancy Agreement?

Residential Tenancy Agreements are legally binding contracts. However, if a tenant wishes to break the Agreement and vacate the property before the fixed term expires, the tenant is responsible for the following:

  • rent until the date a new tenant takes over the property, or until the fixed term expires (whichever happens first)
  • any agreed advertising costs
  • the owner’s costs of a letting fee.

It is important to note that the owner/property manager must make reasonable efforts to minimise any potential losses the tenant may suffer in this situation.

What do I do if I misplace a rent statement?

EASY! You can go to the Propertyme website and use your Owner login user name and password to locate and reprint rent statements.

Alternatively, you can make contact with your personal property manager who can arrange for a replacement statement to be sent to you.


Olivia is excited to help you with all your real estate needs & will bring her experience, engaging personality along with her warm & approachable nature that will ensure a smooth & successful process.

  • For all your rental needs contact Olivia today!