If something in the premises requires maintenance, leaks or needs fixing you should advise your Property Manager as soon as possible.
We require all general repairs to be lodged to our office in writing and you can lodge the request via email.
We will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible.
Should an emergency occur during business hours, please call us immediately on 07 4772 111 or please refer to the after-hours emergency tradesman on your tenancy agreement.
Should an emergency as listed above occur outside of office opening hours, please contact one of our trusted tradespeople below.
- Electrician – Electrician's Downunder - 0451 180 797
- Plumber - Top to Bottom Plumbing - 07 4779 7722
- General - Property Maintenance Townsville - 0416 323 717
- Locksmith – NQ Locksmiths - 07 4774 0823
The law distinguishes between urgent (emergency) repairs and those which are not so urgent.
Emergency repairs are:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken toilet
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the property for hot water, cooking or heating
- a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a tenant
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the property that unduly inconveniences a tenant in gaining access to, or using, the property.
All other repairs are considered routine.
Should you believe for any reason the smoke alarm(s) installed are not working or the batteries are not functioning, please let us know immediately.
- test and clean (by vacuuming or dusting) smoke alarms at least once every 12 months
- replace any flat or nearly flat batteries
- advise the property owner/manager if there is any issue with the alarm (apart from batteries)
- allow the property owner/manager right of entry to install smoke alarms
- not remove a smoke alarm or the battery (other than to replace it), or do anything to reduce the effectiveness of the alarm e.g. paint or cover it
Please, regularly clean any filters and intake vents to ensure there is no build-up of dirt and dust, and that the unit is able to draw in air effectively, not hindering performance, or in the worst-case scenario, causing the unit to breakdown resulting in costly repairs and/or replacement. Please also note that if an air conditioner breaks down due to filters and vents not being kept clean, costs to rectify the damage or even replace the unit might be charged to tenants.
Strict No Smoking Policy
All properties have a strict ‘no smoking inside’ policy. If tenants still choose to smoke inside the property they will be responsible for specialised cleaning and deodorising of the inside of the property to reduce and eliminate unpleasant smoke odours. This can easily run into the hundreds of dollars and is charged to the tenant.
It is company policy that tenants do not paint any part of the property themselves. We have found in the past that some tenants have not painted the property to a professional standard, resulting in a professional painter being called in to rectify work. It is a policy that any painting can only be carried out by experienced, professional painters with our written permission.
Fixtures and Fittings
If you wish to install or remove any fixtures or fittings, you must request this beforehand in writing and it must be approved by the owner.
If you wish to install any new picture hooks, please let us know in writing what type of hooks you wish to use. Please assess the type of walls that are in the property, and the type of picture hooks that are suitable. We will let you know in writing before you are permitted to install appropriate picture hooks.
Please report any taps leaking either from a tap head or tap handles. This includes washing machine taps. Sometimes washing machine taps will leak only when connected to automatic washing machine hoses as the tap water pressure exposes leakage in the taps. Failure to notify a leak when you are aware of it will result in the an excess water invoice you will need to pay.
Please ensure that lawns are regularly mowed and edged, keeping them neat and tidy. Should you wish to have someone regularly mow your lawn, let us know and we would be happy to recommend a service to you. This is at tenant cost. Weeding of gardens beds, inside lawns, paths, paving and other outside areas are the responsibility of the tenant. Trimming of bushes and shrubs in and around the garden are also the responsibility of the tenant.
Pool/spa cleaning and maintenance, unless it is agreed that the landlord will be supplying a regular cleaning and maintenance service as per your tenancy agreement, this will be a tenant responsibility.
Please note that if regular cleaning does not occur by the tenant, high costs can be incurred to bring it back to its original clean state. If this occurs, this will be at tenant cost. It is also a tenant responsibility to ensure that the pool/spa is kept topped up with water, and must not empty the pool/spa without written approval from us.
Any damage to the pool & equipment from lack of cleaning/maintenance will be charged to the tenant.
Supplying of pool treatment chemicals will be a tenant responsibility, at tenant cost.
Pool/Spa Fences and Gates
We must be notified immediately if fences and gates are not functioning correctly, and the gate fails to self-close promptly when opened. State pool/spa regulations must be up kept at all times.