Located just 3 kms from Wellington NSW and 53 kms from Dubbo ‘Cadia’ is a holding of 247.2 hectares or 677.55 acres.
A beautiful parcel of alluvial flats and basalt derivative slopes with 2.15 kms frontage to the Macquarie River.
The holding was originally owned by the Barton family as part of “Mt. Nanima” from around 1920 and was sold to the Baxter family in 1980.
The Baxters purchased this property to increase their cattle fattening ability and on the alluvial flats produce fodder in the form of grain, hay or silage for their horse stud.
‘Cadia’ is subdivided into 11 paddocks of which 9 have underground mains and hydrants and are irrigated by a Grunfos pump of 45 killowatt power. The irrigation paddocks were sown to oats earlier this year except for two which were under sown to Lucerne. The pump also fills two 20,000 gal concrete tanks which reticulate to all the troughs on the property.
The holding has a licence for 576 mgl of Macquarie River general security water which, subject to the sale of ‘Cadia’, will be auctioned separately in quantities of approximately 100 mgl per offering.
Improvements include a Grunfos irrigation pump and control systems; new steel cattle yards, loading ramp and crush; 2 large steel hay sheds; 2 steel silos; 2 × 20,000 gal concrete water tanks; steel sheep yards; small steel shed; old weatherboard cottage.
‘Cadia’ is an outstanding parcel of alluvial and basalt farming and grazing country. This property is ideal to fatten livestock or produce cash crops or lucerne for the production of hay or silage.
Do not miss inspecting this excellent property which will be offered at 2 pm on Friday 1 November, 2019 at Wellington Civic Centre by Raine and Horne Rural, Wellington.