Arranging an Urgent Repair
Under your tenancy agreement, Urgent Repairs can be carried out up to the value of $1,800.
It is important to understand what constitutes an Urgent Repair and the steps that you need to follow.
The following items are considered Urgent Repairs:
- A burst water service
- A blocked or broken lavatory system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas Leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by the Landlord for water, hot water, cooking, heating or laundry purposes
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, water, electricity supply
Please follow these steps to arrange an Urgent Repair:
- Contact your Property Manager on 9397 6167
- If you cannot get in contact your Property Manager, please contact one of our preferred Trades-people from the list below
- If you cannot get in contact with one of the listed Trades-people, please contact an appropriate qualified trades-person to rectify the Urgent Repair
- Then, please contact your Property Manager the following day to notify them of the repair (in writing)
It is important to note, that urgent and non urgent repairs are the landlord’s responsibility, but if the tenant caused the damage the landlord can ask the tenant to arrange and/or pay for repairs. Tenants must continue to pay rent while waiting for repairs to be done and it is extremely important to communicate all information regarding repairs in writing and that all copies of letters, forms, receipts and reports are kept for future reference.
Preferred Trades-person Contacts:
Arranging a Non-Urgent Repair
For non urgent repairs, please submit the maintenance request in writing to your Property Manager, detailing what needs to be repaired or assessed. The landlord has 14 days in which to make sure that repairs are carried out, if required. Please continue to pay rent even if the agent has not arranged for the repairs to take place.
Call us on 9397 6167.