A delightful four bedroom country cottage, guest studio and alpaca farm, nestled in picturesque verdant paddocks in the tightly-held country neighbourhood of the renowned Hanging Rock.
Immerse your senses in the magnificent country ambience, enjoy spectacular sunrises and sunsets, frosty mornings and sometimes snow in winter, autumn colours, sensational views of the daily-changing character of Hanging Rock, experience diverse and prolific bird life and local fauna, and feel the beautiful fresh summer breeze on your face. Sounds enticing doesn’t it?
Please call Julian on 0439 802 323 for more information or to arrange an inspection. If you’re the buyer, we have it on good authority that it’s the best decision you’ll ever make!
Land size: 2.969 Ha (7.33 Acres).
A few of the things members of the family love 1427 Rochford Road.
“- my bedroom: the way sun fills it, and also the way the whole house catches the sunshine
- the cool and relaxing living room in summer and the cozy fire in winter
- the white wooden panels on the bathtub & throughout the house (rustic & soft & welcoming)
- the two cupboards in the walls & their small doors (fun, mysterious, great way to hide clutter, even more fun to hide yourself in)
- the cupboard under the stairs
- the nook in the upstairs bathroom: full of linen, it’s just great
- the high & airy ceilings/ the triangle ceilings
- the bunkhouse: it’s so unique, so cozy, so light- a perfect studio hideaway, peaceful
- the view of hanging rock, especially when it’s shrouded by mist or spread with the gold sunset
- the green paddocks around the house and the way the grass moves when a breeze passes though
- the trees all around: there are some great ones to climb!!
- the gardens and the orchard
- the sweet little sheds, especially the wood shed
- the General Store just a kilometre down the road, as well as the Newham hall, primary school and playground (on calm days you can hear the primary school bell ring across the paddock- it’s nice)
- Woodend being close by, easy to get to the train station (even bike riding distance if you feel like it!), takeaway food, etc. 10/10 can commute to Melbourne daily
- the shelves in the kitchen and all the different compartments (pantry, the round-about one, etc.)
- the many many birds that sing and live on the property. seeing rosellas on the lawn and magpies singing on the roof and willy wag tails on the fences
- all the wildlife: kangaroos in the garden, echidnas etc.
- the riding loops and running loops possible around the block
- the dam: the ducks, and so much fun to play in when young (try making a raft, it’s great!)
- the bonfires
- having livestock visible just out the window in the paddock
- looking out every window is like looking at a painting, the best tv ever
- it’s warmer here than in (pea soup) Woodend
- pretty much in the middle between all the towns around here
- wilderness isn’t far away but you’re not right in the bush (fire risk isn’t too bad)
- backyard is great & verandah too: bin cricket, trampoline, hand stands etc. amazing kick the bin hiding places
- you get a taster for every kind of weather throughout the year (snow? hail? blazing hot? just right? European? typical Australian? we have it all, folks)
- the wattles blossoming all yellow
- cat access to the house is on point
- Frogs calling in the dam.”
- Hearing and seeing all the different birds.
- Coming across an Echidna or seeing a Kangaroo passing through.
- Sunsets, the sunset itself and the way a good one can paint the rock pink and orange.
- The natural light in the house and that you can see out so easily from multiple windows.
- The Newham “microclimate” We don’t get the cloud off Mt Macedon the way Woodend does.
- Looking out the kitchen windows across the paddocks..
- Walking through/ standing in the orchard and garden
- Sitting under the verandah with a coffee and friends and loved ones.
- Standing in the yard watching the rock.
- Close to the school bus stop. You can watch your children walk to and from the bus.
- Out of driveway and on to a tar road. Quick in to town so one can enjoy Woodend or Kyneton but still definitely not in town.
- Having Newham village so close but not too close.
- 100% can recommend; great home, great property, best decision you’ll ever make!"
• Photo ID required for all inspections
• NO attendance by anyone in STAGE-4 LOCKDOWN – Melbourne Metro.
• Persons in STAGE-3 LOCKDOWN postcodes are welcome to attend, strictly by APPOINTMENT ONLY & following the Covid-19 guidelines.
• STRICTLY one agent and one person only in attendance inside the residence at all times.
• Covid-19 contact form to be completed at all inspections.
• Please observe social distancing guidelines