Landlord Insurances

We all know that every property, rented or not, needs building and public liability cover. Did you know that when your property becomes an investment, you should also have landlord insurance?

Why do I need landlord insurance if I have an agent?

We have a stringent policy to find you a tenant that will care for your property and pay their rent on time but even the best agent will have tenants that sometimes surprise them. A good tenant can turn bad. Things change, a tenant might lose their job or have a change in partner which causes a change in their behaviour and habits. Life happens. 

We cannot guarantee your tenant’s performance at your investment property. There is a risk and the risk belongs to the owner of the property, and therefore the owner should be insured for such a risk.

What does landlord insurance cover?

This will depend on the cover you get. A good Landlord insurance will cover rent loss due to tenant default and malicious damage to the property caused by the tenant.

It is important for you to know what your landlord insurance policy will and won’t cover. Please consult with your landlord insurer so that you are fully aware of the extent of your cover and also any excesses that may be applicable in the event of a claim.

We cannot manage your property without this insurance.