Raine & Horne Kallangur
  • Home
  • Moving into your property

Moving into your property

Congratulations on your approved application for your new rental home!

We know that moving can be a busy stressful and busy time for most so we will endeavour to make the process as smooth as possible for you.

Here’s what you can expect;

Paying your Bond, Initial Rent and Signing your Tenancy Agreement

  1. Rent/Bond – Once your application is approved you will be advised the amount due for both rent and bond. A total of six (6) weeks rent is due which consists of two weeks rent in advance and four (4) weeks rent for the bond. An appointment will also be scheduled for all parties to sign the Tenancy Agreement and complete all paperwork.
  2. Once the Rent/Bond is received into our Trust Account you will be provided with a trust account receipt and the Bond will be lodged with the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority) within 10 days. The RTA will email you details about your Bond held by them. Please note that the keys will not be provided for the property until the bond and rent are paid in full.
  3. Tenancy Agreement – All tenants listed on the Tenancy Agreement are required to sign the paperwork and attend the meeting organised with the property manager. This includes the Tenancy Agreement, Bond Lodgement Form etc. You are required to read these documents carefully and you are welcome to ask any questions.

The day your tenancy agreement commences, you will receive the following:

  • A fully signed copy of the Tenancy Agreement
  • A copy of your entry condition report
  • RTA Pocket Guide for Tenants
  • Keys to the property
  • A copy of the By-laws if you are moving into a strata unit complex
  • Links to access our maintenance portals and trust portal

Utility Connections

It is the tenant’s responsibility to ensure your power, gas, phone, internet, etc have been connected into your name prior to moving into the property.

We have partnered with Direct Connect who can help with this process. You can see read more information by clicking the link below:

Direct Connect

Removalist and Parking

Should you be moving into a strata unit complex, there may be some arrangements to be made with the building manager prior to moving in. Should this be the case, your Property Manager will advise you. You are also welcome to contact the Strata Agent directly to seek further information.


Should you wish to copy keys it is important to note that upon vacating, all keys, including any copies made by the tenant, must be returned to the property manager/owner at the end of the tenancy. 

Locks can only be changed:

  • if the tenant and property manager/owner agree
  • in an emergency, or
  • by QCAT order.

Any lost or damaged keys, remotes and security fobs, must be replaced at the tenant's expense.

Payment and Lodgement of Your Bond

A bond is a separate payment to rent, it is money that acts as security for the landlord or owner in case you don't meet the terms of your lease agreement. At the end of your agreement if the property is in need of cleaning or repairs or if items need to be replaced the landlord or owner may claim some or all of the bond.

Your bond will be lodged with the Residential Tenancies Authority and you can expect confirmation from them indicating your lodgement number.

Property Entry Condition Report

Please ensure that you return your signed/amended copy of your property condition report to us within 3 days of the tenancy start date. If this is not returned please be aware that the original inspection will be used for end of tenancy comparison, regardless of whether you agree to the original report or not.

For more information on completing and returning your condition report please see RTA Website.

Tenant Contents Insurance

It is crucial that you obtain your own tenant contents insurance.

It is important to note that should your goods be damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owners property they are not insured by the owner. (i.e. fire, storm damage, power outages etc) Example One: An electrical fault in the building starts a fire and the property is destroyed. Your possessions will not be covered by the owners insurance. Example Two: You are away on holidays and the power cuts out due to an electrical fault in the building. Your return home to find your fridge/freezer goods spoilt. The owners insurance will not cover your fridge/freezer goods.

In all cases above, quality tenant contents insurance should cover your goods for these given examples. Please check with your insurer however for the cover they can provide you.