Moving into your property

Congratulations on your approved application for your new rental home!

We know that moving can be a busy stressful and busy time for most so we will endeavour to make the process as smooth as possible for you.

Here’s what you can expect;

Signing the Lease and Paying Rent/Bond

  • Rent/Bond – An appointment will be scheduled for all parties to sign the lease and complete all paperwork. At the lease signing you will be advised the amount due for both rent and bond. For weekly rent above $250 per week, a total of eight (8) weeks rent is due which consists of the first two (2) weeks rent and six (6) weeks rent for the bond. For weekly rent of $250 per week or less, a total of six (6) weeks rent is due which consists of the first two (2) weeks rent and four (4) weeks rent for the bond.
  • Once the Bond is paid to us it will be lodged with Residential Bonds Online (RBO). The RBO will email you details about your Bond held by them, and ask you to set up an online account for that property. Please note that the keys will not be provided for the property until the bond and rent are paid in full. Please refer to the Tenant Instruction Manual for more information regarding Residential Bonds Online.
  • Lease Agreement – All tenants listed on the Lease Agreement must come into the office to sign the required paperwork. You are required to read these documents carefully and you are welcome to ask any questions.

Upon signing the lease, you will receive the following:

  • A fully signed copy of the Lease Agreement
  • Information Brochure
  • A date to collect and sign for the keys to the property will be confirmed
  • A copy of the By-laws if you are moving into a strata unit complex

Upon commencement of your lease you will be emailed the completed ‘Ingoing Inspection Report’. You then have 14 days from the start of your tenancy to return a signed copy of the report to us with any additional comments/notes you'd like to add to the report.


Utility Connections

It is the tenants responsibility to ensure your power, gas, phone, internet, etc have been connected into your name prior to moving into the property.

Removalist and Parking

Should you be moving into a strata unit complex, there may be some arrangements to be made prior to moving in. Should this be the case, your Property Manager will advise you. You are welcome to contact your Property Manager to seek further information.


Keys are not to be copied during your tenancy without prior permission from our office. If you change the locks during tenancy, you are obligated to notify your property manager and provide the office with a copy of the new keys.

Any lost or damaged keys, remotes and security fobs, must be replaced at the tenants expense.

Payment and Lodgement of Your Bond

A bond is a separate payment to rent, it is money that acts as security for the landlord or owner in case you don't meet the terms of your lease agreement. At the end of your agreement if the property is in need of cleaning or repairs or if items need to be replaced the landlord or owner may claim some or all of the bond.

As the bond is a separate payment to the rent you cannot use any part of the bond as rent – so, when you are moving out, you cannot ask the landlord to keep your bond as final rent payment. Your bond will be lodged with the Residential Bonds Online (RBO) and you can expect confirmation from them indicating your lodgement number.

Insepction Sheet

Please ensure that you return your signed/amended copy of your property condition report to us within 14 days of the tenancy start date. If this is not returned please be aware that the original inspection will be used for end of tenancy comparison, regardless of whether you agree to the original report or not.

For more information on completing and returning your condition report please see SA.GOV Website.

Tenant Contents Insurance

It is crucial that you affect your own tenant contents insurance.

It is important to note that should your goods be damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owners property they are not insured by the owner. (i.e. fire, storm damage, power outages etc) Example One: An electrical fault in the building starts a fire and the property is destroyed. Your possessions will not be covered by the owners insurance. Example Two: You are away on holidays and the power cuts out due to an electrical fault in the building. Your return home to find your fridge/freezer goods spoilt. The owners insurance will not cover your fridge/freezer goods.

In all cases above, quality tenant contents insurance should cover your goods for these given examples. Please check with your insurer however for the cover they can provide you.