Check out our handy rental checklist!
A rental checklist is a list of items to check in the house or flat that you are considering renting. Sometimes when you look at places you may forget to check things. The rental checklist will help to jog your memory.
Check these features: Yes/No/Not important
- Is the rent within your budget?
- Is the house in good condition?
- Turn on the taps - is the water pressure satisfactory?
- Will you need a laundry?
- Does the bathroom or toilet leak?
- Does the stove/hot water service work?
- Is there a TV aerial and connection to it?
- Any repairs required?
- Are there signs of rats or other pests?
- Is the house near public transport, a school or under a flight path?
- Do you need a parking space?
- Is there a garden or lawn? Are you responsible for garden maintenance?
- Do any the walls need painting? Check if the landlord will arrange this or give you a reduction in rent to organise the painting yourselves.
- Is there a telephone and connection available?
- Is there shopping and other necessary facilities nearby?
- Is the house secure?