Set in an incredibly private, picturesque corner of the beautiful Tweed Valley, this magnificent rural retreat offers a welcome, peaceful escape from today’s fast-paced world.
Surrounded by regenerated sub-tropical rainforest, the 2 hectare/5 acre block boasts a fully renovated Queenslander home with delightful low maintenance landscaped gardens, easy maintained lawns, wide frontage to a babbling creek and spring-fed water hole.
Overlooking world heritage listed National Parks, you’re surrounded by large acreage holdings, providing the benefit of complete and utter tranquillity and privacy.
You’ll be captivated by the gorgeous 120-year-old Queenslander which has been meticulously and superbly restored and extended to perfectly blend its original character features with our modern lifestyle. Originally a colonial worker’s cottage, the home was relocated from Brisbane in 1997 with approval by Tweed Shire Council. The proud owners can list the provenance of just about every floorboard, window, light fitting and feature in the property – a full list is available. Features include stunning original fretwork, gleaming 6 inch wide Hoop Pine floorboards and VJ wall lining board plus 12ft Hoop Pine VJ ceilings.
A sample of this property’s many features:
• Beautiful, fully renovated and restored Queenslander Home
• Three bedrooms plus guest room with separate entrance, living room + private verandah
• Family bathroom features arched window, Italian marble floors, claw foot bath and colour glass parlour doors opening to a private verandah with views to Mt Jerusalem National Park
• New East wing includes home theatre room, large kitchen and verandas overlooking resort-style pool
• Bespoke kitchen cabinetry and customised kitchen dining booth
• Downstairs entertaining/studio space with terrazzo floors
• 12m easy maintenance salt water lap pool
• Stunning tropical landscaped gardens surrounding house and pool
• Pool terrace featuring fire pit and retaining walls of volcanic mineralised rock
• Large 4-car garage with separate workshop and garden shed underneath
• Underhouse area provides storage for 4WD Kubota Compact Tractor, included in sale
• 60,000 litre water tanks
• Underground electricity
• Landline, internet and digital TV via satellite
• School bus pick up and drop off from end of the road
You and your visitors can enjoy regular visits from rainforest parrots, kookaburras, honey-eaters, pigeons, pheasants, owls and bowerbirds in anyone of the cleared areas around the property.
With fertile, free-draining volcanic soil, the property offers further scope for potential market gardens or to set up a large vegetable garden to feed your family and friends.
From the home, you can enjoy lovely views to Mt Jerusalem and the Border Ranges National Parks, which are part of the world heritage listed rim of the extinct Mt Warning shield volcano, Wollumbin. An elevated viewing platform at the top of the property showcases panoramic views to the Border Ranges, The Pinnacle and Brummie’s Lookout.
You’re just 5 minutes’ drive to Cram’s Farm Lake for fishing, canoeing and picnics, 10 minutes to Midginbil Eco Resort and Aetaomah Steiner School at Terragon, 15 minutes to Uki and just half an hour to Murwillumbah.
Every time you drive out of this property, you view a range of picturesque and sacred local landmarks including Mt Jerusalem National Park, Doughboy, Nightcap, Border Ranges and Wollumbin National Parks, Midginbal and the Uki Sisters. The road follows the mighty Tweed River all the way to town, without a single traffic light!
To truly appreciate all that is on offer at this incredible property, your inspection is highly recommended. Please call Elizabeth Hickey on 0409 812 229 to arrange your personal viewing today.
Got a property to sell? Contact us for a free Property Estimate
Need help with your finance?