Property Maintenance


General Repairs

If something in the premises requires maintenance, leaks or needs fixing you should advise your Property Manager as soon as possible.

We require all general repairs to be lodged to our office in writing and you can lodge the request either by completing the Maintenance Request Form on our website or emailing your Property Manager. We will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible.

The landlord is not always obliged to fix every small thing in the property. They only need to keep the premises in a reasonable state of repair considering the age of the property, the amount of rent you are paying and the prospective life of the premises. They also need to comply with building, health and safety laws.

Urgent Repairs

Should an emergency occur during business hours, please call us immediately on 9416 0488.

Please be mindful when deciding if a repair is urgent as the law distinguishes between urgent (emergency) repairs and those which are not so urgent. Types of urgent repairs are:

  • a burst water service or a serious water service leak
  • a blocked or broken toilet
  • a serious roof leak
  • a gas leak
  • a dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
  • a failure or breakdown of the hot water service
  • a failure or breakdown of the stove or oven
  • a failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner
  • a fault or damage which makes the premises unsafe or insecure.

Apartment Living

It may be a building / strata issue and not exclusive to the unit. Check with neighbouring apartments and familairise yourself with the notice board at the building (usually in the vicinity of communal places such as parking or lift areas as applicable) where information & emergency contractors are listed for the building. If within business hours always contact us in the first instance 9416 0488.

Our Emergency Tradespeople

Should an emergency as listed above occur outside of office opening hours, please contact one of our trusted tradespeople.

Electrician - Miles Astley 9456 4586 / 0409 677 040 

Plumber - Rak's Quality Plumbing 0431 181 967

Locksmith - Core Locksmiths 0423 442 298

SES 132 500 - For emergency help in floods and storms

Ausgrid 13 13 88 - Report an electrical hazard or loss of supply or go to and check their power outage map 

Jemena Gas 131 909 - Gas faults & emergencies  Jemena Gas

Police Assistance Line 131 444 - Life threatening or critical emergency situations

No Water?

Always check with your neighbours to see if they have the same problem as Sydney Water may be working in the street and have turned off the water. If you are in an apartment building there may be works at the building and the water has been turned off - check the notice board.

You can go to and click on the live map to see if they are working in your area.

Sydney Water is responsible for the wastewater pipes from their network up to the property connection point. 

A blockage is likely to be in Sydney Water's pipes if:

  • the overflow is visible beyond your property boundary, eg  from a manhole located on public land
  • your neighbours are experiencing the same problem
  • there is widespread flooding in your local area
  • you're experiencing a continuous overflow and you're not currently using water on your property.

If you suspect the above is the case and it is outside business hours - please call Sydney Water 13 20 90 (24 hours/7 days) to report the issue. They will send a crew out to investigate. 

Smoke Alarms

Should you believe for any reason the smoke alarm(s) installed are not working or the batteries are not functioning, please let us know immediately. Protect your safety by being vigilant and report to us any issues, to ensure your safety in the case of a fire.

Other Items

Air conditioners

Please, regularly clean any filters and intake vents to ensure there is no build up of dirt and dust, and that the unit is able to draw in air effectively, not hindering performance, or in the worse case scenario, causing the unit to breakdown resulting in costly repairs and/or replacement. Please also note that if an air conditioner breaks down due to filters and vents not being kept clean, costs to rectify the damage or even replace the unit might be charged to tenants.


If the property you are renting has a fireplace, this cannot be used unless you have been given permission from us in writing. Sometimes these are ornamental, or the flue/chimney has been blocked up. Using them could cause a fire to occur.

Tenant Painting

It is company policy that tenants do not paint any part of the property themselves. We have found in the past that some tenants have not painted the property to a professional standard, resulting in a professional painter being called in to rectify work. It is a policy that any painting can only be carried out by experienced, professional painters with our written permission.

Fixtures and Fittings

If you wish to install or remove any fixtures or fittings, you must request this beforehand in writing and it must be approved by the owner.

Picture Hooks

If you wish to install any new picture hooks, please let us know in writing what type of hooks you wish to use. Please assess the type of walls that are in the property, and the type of picture hooks that are suitable. We will let you know in writing before you are permitted to install appropriate picture hooks.

Taps leaking

Please report any taps leaking either from a tap head or tap handles. This includes washing machine taps. Sometimes washing machine taps will leak only when connected to automatic washing machine hoses as the tap water pressure exposes leakage in the taps.