Tenancy Application Form
Applying for a Rental Property
For first time renters, the process of applying for a rental property can be daunting. Before you move into your next home, here are a few key things to think about.
Finding a Property
Finding the right property is a decision that will affect you for the entirety of your lease. So it’s important that you carefully consider exactly what you want in a home.
Most people will narrow down their search by rent price, location, number of bedrooms, bathrooms and vehicle spaces.
Submitting Your Application
We invite you to submit a tenancy application. To download a copy, click on the link ‘Tenancy Application Form’ located at the bottom of this page. Forms are also available from our office.
You will be required to complete the form and provide copies of the following relevant documentation:
- Evidence of rental history ( tenancy ledger ) or details of home ownership,
- Driver’s license or photo identification,
- Employment details or proof of income.
Simply submit your application via email or at our office.
Processing Your Application
Once we are satisfied that the application has been completed in full and all supporting documentation has been submitted, it’s time to process your application.
- Firstly, we cross-reference your identification to make sure that all the details provided line-up correctly.
- We then do a basic affordability test for all applicants.
- We will then contact your employer to confirm your employment and income details.
- If you’ve previously rented, we will contact your former or current agent for a rental reference.
- We then screen candidates to ensure that we’re fully aware of any discrepancies from the past.
- Once we have compiled all this information, we’ll contact the property owner who’ll make the final decision on which application to progress.
How Long Does It Take To Process a Tenancy Application?
Our office will endeavour to have an answer to you as soon as possible. You can assist by ensuring the application form is completed in full, all supporting documents have been submitted and all your references (including work, rental and personal) have been notified to expect a call from our agency.
If your application is approved, you will be required to pay a holding deposit to secure the property.
Accepting and Signing the Lease
Once you have been accepted for a property we will make an initial phone call to advise your application has been successful and confirm the terms of the lease, including the lease start date.
We will then send you an email to reconfirm and explain how the deposit should be paid, the payment and lodgement of the bond, signing the lease and other important information.