Welcome to “Billagunyah” an Upper Kangaroo River acreage paradise consisting of a beautiful character cottage with soaring high ceilings, wrap around verandahs plus the convenience of a separate guest studio, all nestled on over 5 lovely lush green acres.
Ascend to your very own haven via a private country lane shared by only five other neighbours where you will be greeted by your combination of stunning rainforest, green paddocks & the pristine Billai Creek which gently runs through this delightful property.
This is the absolute epitome of the perfect country escape, yet at a very affordable price in today’s property market!
The Main Cottage
- The most glorious of country style cottages with classic pine log cladding, colorbond roof & soaring high ceilings throughout
- A choice of two lovely bedrooms in the main cottage, each with a beautiful feel
- A total of three living areas & nooks with delightful timber flooring
- The main bedroom, with built in robe has 10 ft ceilings, access to the verandah & a lovely outlook
- Second bedroom with raised bunk bed, study area & also access to the verandah
- The bathroom has been recently & lovingly renovated with a restored classic claw-foot bath tub, separate shower, quality caesarstone vanity plus a built in laundry & heat pump hot water
- The generous wide wrap around timber verandah envelopes the homestead on three sides
- Gorgeous country kitchen with timber centre island table, both caesar bench tops, Bosch elec. cooking, f&p d/w, s/s range hood & large fridge space
- The wonderful main living room is the signature centre piece of this classic home with super high vaulted ceilings & a solid brick open fireplace that ascends to over 4 metres
- A charming and extensive conservatory room which overlooks lush green lawns & up to valley escarpments
- A bonus third living room nook with slow-combustion log fireplace, reverse cycle a/c, perfect for a hot cuppa or red wine by the cozy fire in winter
- Hot spa bath situated just off the verandah with perfect views
- Access from the verandah to the lovely bbq & outside dining area with quality paving
The Studio Cabin
- Perfect for family or friends to stay over
- One large bedroom area
- One Bathroom
- Lounge/sitting area with classic pot belly stove
- Lovely green outlook
The Property & Location
- Situated up a long private driveway in a friendly enclave
- In the lush Upper River section of the Valley, being one of the area’s desired country escape locations
- Set on a stunning 5.5 acres (2.2Ha) approx. with a combination of pristine rain forest, lovely grassed paddocks, your very own creek & easy care gardens (Around 2 acres cleared)
- A good amount of shedding & storage with a covered carport, a workshop, the studio (as mentioned above), a 2nd detached cabin & yet another shed which has been once used as a micro-brewery
- Great water supply with a good dam plus the ability to pump fresh water from Billai Creek which fills the storage tanks which then gravity feed to the house & studio via a filtering system
- You really feel you are away from it all in the Country as you gaze onto your very own rainforest & rolling pastures as well as up to valley escarpments
- RU1 and E2 zoning
- 6kw of solar, Phone line, satellite internet & less than 15 mins to the village
- Perfect lifestyle property of acres to admire and enjoy … Grow your own veggies, have a few small animals & pets, such as chooks, some goats or perhaps a horse
Here is the perfect opportunity to acquire your dream getaway so you can, once & for all, get out of the rat race & experience real country living.
Located in the much sought after & beautiful Upper Kangaroo River region, “Billagunyah” is less than 15 minutes to the quaint country village of Kangaroo Valley, with it’s classic Friendly Inn pub, a general store, an array cafés, a public school, pre-school & much more. It is right here that this friendly community will make you feel welcome in this most rare and pure of quaint country towns.
Described by many as “The most beautiful valley in Australia”, Kangaroo Valley is neatly tucked between Bowral & Berry & just two hours from Sydney & Canberra – All within easy reach, yet still with the feeling of being a world away!
For an inspection please come to our open home or for more information please contact Frank Barker on 0456 555 422 or [email protected]