Property ID: 20621215
Welcome to “Cedarling”, a delightful & affordable rural property located in the beautiful Beaumont region of Kangaroo Valley & just a short 5 minute drive from its quaint & charming village. Totalling around 100 acres, with about ten acres cleared, this stunning property has arguably some of the best views in the region & boasts an amazing architect designed home that oozes character & appears to emanate a healing energy from within its core.
Unique is a word that falls far short from describing the amazing design of the home – It is not a yurt, nor a teepee or igloo, but is known as a Geodesic Dome. When architect R. Buckminster Fuller received a gold-medal for his development of the geodesic dome design the American Institute of Architects called it “The strongest, lightest and most efficient means of enclosing space yet known to man.” Fuller discovered that a sphere created with triangles could have unparalleled strength & a superb use of space. The design’s wonderful eco credentials is a result of his exploration of nature’s constructing principles to find design solutions.
- Situated on a stunning 99 acres with around 10 acres of lush green pastures & the remaining land as pristine rainforest & bushland
- Simply stunning valley & escarpment views extending to the north, east & surrounds towards Budderoo Plateau and Hindmarsh Pass
- Brilliant & totally unique Geodesic Dome home design
- Large main living area with high ceilings, a charming slow combustion fireplace & outlook to the brilliant Northerly views over the valley
- Adjoining dining/meals area flows effortlessly into the kitchen
- Wonderfully spacious open plan country kitchen with crafted wooden bench tops, elec. appliances & large walk in pantry
- Meander up the wide timber stair case to two very large bedrooms & the bonus of a third loft area which looks over the living area below & is currently utilised as a bedroom, or could be a study or a 2nd lofted open retreat room
- Large bathroom downstairs with laundry facilities & a separate toilet
- The interior walls & ceiling are lined by wonderful Tasmanian oak panels showing off the amazing shapes & angles of this beautiful structure
- Generous sized rural shed on slab plus handy separate workshop area – can fit two to three vehicles
- A wonderful assortment of lush & rolling green paddocks within easy access from the home & shed
- 3 runoff water tanks totalling 60,000 litres
- Plenty of room & potential to run a few animals, whether they be cattle, horses, sheep or alpacas, or set up a your own chook run, veggie patches & orchard – The choice is all yours
- Bonus of a 2nd older shed at the lower end of the property, could be improved to become a studio or workshop (STCA)
- A perfect mid-sized acreage property for you, the family & friends to enjoy for years to come
- Situated in a very convenient location just 5 minutes to the village, with easy access yet well off the road
- Kangaroo Valley is described by many as “The most beautiful valley in Australia” & is neatly tucked between Bowral & Berry & just two hours from Sydney & Canberra. In the main village you will find a wide variety of activities, shops, galleries, cafes & restaurants. Add to this a friendly community that make you welcome in their home town – The “Valley” scene is nothing short of exhilarating.
With a perfect Northerly aspect & views that melt & radiate towards you, “Cedarling” is an affordable acquisition you can finally call your own & an experience you will surely never tire of. Already enjoyed for around 30 years & immaculately maintained by the current owners, it is now time for the baton to be handed over to the new rightful custodians who will surely feel honoured to carry on the heritage of this lovely property.
To arrange an inspection of this marvel to behold – Please contact Frank Barker on 0456 555 422 or [email protected] for more information or a private inspection of this wonder
|Land Area||400,300.0 sqm|
Phone 02 4861 4444
Fax 02 4862 1346
|R&H Suburb SummaryHouses|
|Number of sales||25|
|R&H Suburb SummaryUnits|
|Number of sales||2|