Its an often asked question in the living rooms of the Central Coast… “Should we move or should we renovate?” Mostly asked when you can’t bear to cook one more meal in that grotty kitchen, or find yourself rolling your eyes at the truck next door that starts at 5:00am. Every morning.
But before you pull up stumps you might need to weigh up some options. Move or renovate – both have merit, both will cost you money.
What stays, what goes.There are some things you just can’t change with the house you are in. If it nestles against a hill and is cold and damp in the winter, if its next to a busy intersection or a raucous pub or is on a steep sloping block you won’t be able to change that even with the best remodel in the world. And you would most likely be throwing money away.
Physically remodeling and changing your home in the hopes it will make a profit you is fraught with danger.
- Do you love the street you are on, the aspect you have, but the bathroom is daggy? Renovate
- Are you expecting the family to either increase in the next five years (baby-making stage) or decrease (kid-leaving-home stage)? Move
- Is the sunlight great, but the house just really dated? Renovate
- Have you just had surgery on both knees and live in a three storey home? Move
- Are you on a three acre block and hate gardening? Move
- Do you have the worst house in the best street and ocean views to boot? Renovate
- Is the kitchen and bathroom just too small and no where to push the house out? Move
- Have you got three cars and a boat and a single garage and live on a small sloping block? Move
If this is you, and you need some advice, give me a call and let’s talk about your unique, personal options.
I am not here to make you move, I am here when you are ready to move.
Call Carol Jennings – 0438 802 648