Arranging an Urgent Repair
Under your Residential Rental Agreement, Urgent Repairs can be carried out up to the value of $2,500.
It is important to understand what constitutes an Urgent Repair and the steps that you need to follow.
The following items are considered Urgent Repairs:
- blocked or broken toilet system
- burst water service
- serious roof leak
- gas leak
- dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- an essential service or appliance for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering is not working
- the gas, electricity or water supply is not working
- a cooling appliance or service provided by the rental provider is not working
- the property does not meet minimum standards
- a safety-related device, such as a smoke alarm or pool fence, is not working
- an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working and causes a lot of water to be wasted
- any fault or damage in the property that makes it unsafe or insecure, including pests
- mould or damp caused by or related to the building structure
- a serious problem with a lift or staircase
Please follow these steps to arrange an Urgent Repair:
- Please call or SMS Jane Brettell 0424 938 635
- Alternatively, please contact your Property Manager on 9397 6167 (during business hours)
- If you cannot get in contact your Property Manager, please contact one of our preferred Trades-people from the list below
- If you cannot get in contact with one of the listed Trades-people, please contact an appropriate qualified trades-person to rectify the Urgent Repair
- Then, please contact your Property Manager the following day to notify them of the repair (in writing)
It is important to note, that urgent and non urgent repairs are the Residential Rental Provider's responsibility, but if the Renter caused the damage the Residential Rental Provider can ask the Renter to arrange and/or pay for repairs. Renters must continue to pay rent while waiting for repairs to be done and it is extremely important to communicate all information regarding repairs in writing and that all copies of letters, forms, receipts and reports are kept for future reference.
Preferred Trades-person Contacts:
Arranging a Non-Urgent Repair
For non urgent repairs, please submit the maintenance request in writing to your Property Manager, detailing what needs to be repaired or assessed. The Residential Rental Provider has 14 days in which to make sure that repairs are carried out, if required. Please continue to pay rent even if the agent has not arranged for the repairs to take place.
Call us on 9397 6167.