Ending your tenancy
Ending a Fixed Term Lease Agreement
If you are vacating the property at the end of your current fixed-term lease, we require at least 14 days notice in writing via email or post. Please note that this amount of notice needs to commence when we have received your notice, not when it was posted.
Once we receive your notice of intention to vacate, your Property Manager will contact you to confirm and explain the process moving forward. You will be advised in writing of any rent owing up until your vacate date and any other outstanding invoices associated with your tenancy. Your Property Manager will also discuss suitable times to access the property in order for us to secure a new tenant.
Ending a Non-Fixed Agreement (Periodic)
If you are vacating the property at the end of your current periodic lease, we require at least 21 days notice in writing via email or post or alternatively through the vacate form on our website. Please note that this amount of notice needs to commence when we have received your notice, not when it was posted.
The Final Inspection
Only once the property has been fully vacated, cleaned and grounds made ready with keys returned can we commence our final inspection.
You are welcome to be present during the final inspection or simply to return ALL of the keys (plus any copies you made during the tenancy) to the office by close of business on the vacate date.
Getting Your Bond Back
At the end of your tenancy, you will no doubt want your bond refunded quickly after you vacate. For your full bond to be paid quickly, you will need to ensure the following:
- Rent - any outstanding rent is paid promptly. Please note that it is against the tenancy legislation to withhold rent at the end of your tenancy with the intention for this to be deducted from the bond. Your rent must be paid in full, leaving your bond intact
- Property Ready - the property is clean and grounds returned to their ingoing condition at the start of the tenancy. Please follow the final vacating guide for further details. The property must also pass the final inspection conducted by this agency. Your Property Manager will be able to put you in contact with our reliable cleaners.
- Outstanding Accounts - please ensure that any monies outstanding like water, any damages, compensation amounts and break lease fees are paid.
- Keys - ensure that all keys, remote controls etc have been returned. Follow the cleaning checklist below to maximise your bond refund.
- Vacuum and clean all windows, window screens, window tracks, sliding doors, screen sliding doors and sliding door tracks inside and outside
- Sweep or mop all non carpeted floors, removing any marks
- If pets have been kept at the property, arrange for carpets to be professionally cleaned. Supply paid invoice copy to the agent
- If pets have been kept at the property, fumigate for fleas – by registered Pest Company. Supply paid invoice copy which specifies service details
- Clean light fittings – gently remove light fittings and clean
- Clean marks off walls, ceilings and light switches
- Clean skirting boards, windows including frames, sills and tracks, above cupboards, picture rails, architraves and both sides of all doors, all other fittings, and insect/security screens etc
- Clean curtains and blinds.
- Remove all cobwebs and insect marks and nests inside and outside
- Clean inside and outside of all cupboards and doors
- Clean inside, outside and around stove
- Clean inside and outside of oven, griller, doors, trays, racks, glass
- Clean inside, outside and behind refrigerator and dishwasher and microwave space
- Clean sink, especially drain holes, drainers and tapware
- Range hood exhaust and filter- filter can be removed and cleaned
- Clean all walls, floors, mirrors and windows, window tracks and fly screens inside and outside
- Clean inside and outside all cupboards and drawers
- Clean toilet, bath, shower recess, remove soap residue on tiles and shower screens, clean sink, tapware, towel rails
- Clean water outlet in shower and bath of hair and soap build-up
- Clean in wardrobes, shelves, drawers and mirrored doors. Remove scuff marks
- Shower curtain to be removed and not replaced
- Clean behind, inside and around washing machine space
- Clean equipment and filters if applicable
- Clean inside, outside and behind the dryer. Remove lint
- Clean inside, outside and around laundry tub, cabinets, shelves, drawers, tapware
- Clean all walls and floors, ceiling
- Clean all air conditioner units and filters
VERANDAH, DECKS, OUTDOOR AREAS
- Sweep, mop and gurney, clean railings, glass and light fittings
- Remove all cobwebs etc
GARAGE, CARPORT, DRIVEWAY
- Sweep out and remove any oil residue from concrete, pavers, paths, driveways
- Empty all Council bins
- Close and lock the garage door, if applicable
GARDENS AND LAWNS, POOL
- Mow the lawns, trim all edges, weed gardens, general garden tidy, remove all rubbish
- Return pool/spa to the condition as per condition report at the start of the tenancy and supply Pool Test report to the Agent – Report is to be completed at the end of the tenancy date
This is a brief summary of areas regarding your tenancy. It is not conclusive. For all details relating to your tenancy please refer to the Residential Tenancy Agreement 2010 and Residential Tenancy Regulation 2019.