REIV - Accessing landlord hardship fund and update re pre settlement inspections
- Pre Settlement Inspections
"If the buyer is seeking to conduct a pre settlement inspection this should be conducted remotely where possible. If the buyer must attend the site to complete a pre-settlement inspection, then they can attend the site by private appointment. Physical distancing must be maintained and face coverings must be worn."
- Land Tax Relief for Residential Properties
There is land tax relief of up to 25% of proportional land tax for owners of empty residential properties.
To be eligible for tax relief for an untenanted property, you must demonstrate that your property:
- Was tenanted under an eligible agreement in March 2020 or was the subject of an executed eligible agreement in March 2020 that the tenant did not fulfil.
- Was subsequently vacant for a continuous period of three months because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Commercial Landlord Hardship Fund
The Victorian Government is offering grants of up to $3,000 per tenancy to eligible small private, individual and joint-owner landlords, who are facing financial hardship after reducing rent for their tenants under CTRS requirements.