Getting Your Bond Back
Getting Your Bond Back
At the end of your tenancy you will no doubt want your bond refunded quickly after you vacate. For your full bond to be paid quickly, you will need to ensure the following:
- Rent -any outstanding rent is paid promptly. Please note that it is against the tenancy legislation to withhold rent at the end of your tenancy with the intention for this to be deducted from the bond. Your rent must be paid in full, leaving your bond intact
- Property Ready - the property is cleaned and grounds returned to their ingoing condition. Please follow the final vacating guide for further details. The property must also pass the final inspection conducted by this agency. Feel free to contact our reliable cleaners Cleaner Name and Number.
- Outstanding Accounts - please ensure that any monies outstanding like water, any damages, compensation amounts and break lease fees are paid.
- Keys - ensure that all keys, remote controls etc have been returned.
Follow the cleaning checklist below to maximise your bond refund.
- Vacuum and clean all sliding door and window tracks
- Sweep or mop all non carpeted floors, removing any marks
- If pets have been kept at the property arrange for carpets to be professionally cleaned. Supply paid invoice copy to agent
- If pets have been kept at the property, fumigate for fleas – by registered Pest Company. Supply paid invoice copy which specifies service details
- Clean light fittings – gently remove light fittings and clean
- Clean marks off walls, ceilings and light switches
- Clean skirting boards, windows including frames, sills and tracks, above cupboards, picture rails, architraves and both sides of all doors, all other fittings, and insect/security screens etc
- Clean curtains and blinds. Refer to Agent for method advice
- Remove all cobwebs and insect marks and nests
- Clean inside and outside of all cupboards and doors
- Clean inside, outside and around stove
- Clean inside and outside of oven, griller, doors, trays, racks, glass
- Clean inside, outside and behind refrigerator and dishwasher and microwave space
- Clean sink, especially drain holes, drainers and tap ware
- Range hood exhaust and filter- filter can be removed and cleaned
- Clean all walls, floors, mirrors and windows and window tracks
- Clean inside and outside all cupboards and drawers
- Clean toilet, bath, shower recess, remove soap residue on tiles and shower screens, clean sink, tap ware, towel rails
- Clean water outlet in shower and bath of hair and soap build up
- Clean in wardrobes, shelves, drawers and mirrored doors. Remove scuff marks
- Shower curtain washed with bleach or replaced if applicable
- Clean behind, inside and around washing machine space
- Clean equipment and filters if applicable
- Clean inside, outside and behind dryer. Remove lint
- Clean inside, outside and around laundry tub, cabinets, shelves, drawers, tap ware
- Clean all walls and floors, ceiling.
- Clean all air conditioner units and filters
VERANDAH, DECKS, OUTDOOR AREAS
- Sweep and mop, clean railings, glass and light fittings
- Remove all cobwebs etc.
GARAGE, CARPORT, DRIVEWAY
- Sweep out and remove any oil residue from concrete, pavers, paths, driveways.
- Empty Council bins and place bins out on footpath for next collection
- Close and lock garage door, if applicable
GARDENS AND LAWNS, POOL
- Mow lawn, trim all edges, weed gardens, general garden tidy, remove all rubbish
- Return pool to condition as per condition report at start of the tenancy and supply Pool Test report to Agent – Report to be completed on the end of tenancy date.